I just sent postcard SS-2 from South Sudan

Did unalso send ss1 or did you start with ss2

50 SSP is 0.38 cents. Two cents shy of the US domestic postcard rate.

So many questions.

SS-1 was not available.

1 Like

This is really kind from you :four_leaf_clover: A postcard from this country with such a great story… I wish you a wonderful further vacation in Africa. Safe travels and all the very best :hugs:

1 Like

SS->DE Postcard SS-2

There he she is. Lowest number registered as first one. :slight_smile: a novelty.
If the Postal Monitor worked for SS no card could be sent from there.

19 Likes

Oh, and it was sent to a school class! So it’ll serve as an education topic as well. :smiley:

5 Likes

The SS-6 postcard also arrived to the destination.

8 Likes

This is so cool!
And the South Sudanese are lovely people.

But tell me, you had the cards with you, yet it featured a view from South Sudan. Did you make it yourself beforehand?

2 Likes

I bought them from peterpindak.cz A slightly confusing web page. If you read the instructions for e-shop (How to buy…) you will see many postcards from remote places. I just checked and could only find one from South Sudan on e-shop page 2.

4 Likes

Okay, it is possible to “send” a postcard from South Sudan. You can travel there or arrange someone else to do this for you. Postcards are not available at the post office. They can apply stamps at the post office (tested at Juba). But since there is NO INTERNATIONAL POSTAL SERVICE FROM South Sudan, the cards must be enclosed in an envelope and mailed from a different country. Personally, I don’t like to receive postcards mailed in such a way but this is the ONLY possible way to send any postcards from South Sudan. Does anybody want to try for SS-3?

Please note that these are not my cards but passing on the information only as a courtesy....
3 Likes

I already “sent” SS-3, SS-4 and SS-5. They went to USA, Russia and Belarus so the last two may not arrive. The pictures you posted are from postcards I “sent” to a collector in Malaysia. The problem with visiting South Sudan as a tourist is no travel insurance is available. So the PCR-test you need to take before leaving the country better be negative. And don’t get sick or into trouble in any way.

11 Likes

Thank you @singelpuff for sending me this beautiful postcard from South Sudan!
The postcards depicts the city of Wau, approximately 650 km from the capital city of Juba. As can be seen from the images below, the card was postmarked in Juba.

The overprint is clearly visible here.
Thanks again – I hope visiting South Sudan was memorable!

29 Likes

Another one arrived SS-4.

4 Likes

This thread gives me so much hope for the world and people :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Found a website that sells postcards from South Sudan, but only pictures are the style. Hope to help people who go to South Sudan in the future.
https://postcard.pics-sydney.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=182_186&products_id=2231&zenid=042352b7ff0134c97cc20413740b2c85

This is the type of postmark commonly found in South Sudan post offices (incomplete)

Hope this comment helps anyone who goes to South Sudan in the future.

Wow, the story about the missing postmark is so interesting! I like how it’s something so simple to solve, yet it never happened. @China, just send them that handstamp! Just kidding :laughing:

Joking aside, you can tell that the third postmark is made in China – the style is so recognisable, as well as the font choice!

SS-5 has arrived as well :south_sudan: :ru:

3 Likes

Did not know there’s such country as South Sudan
:slight_smile:

Hi!
A question: If there isn’t International Postal Service, why it is not displayed in Postal Monitor? I mean, how could you ask for a address in South Sudan?