I forgot to upload a picture of the card

Hello! :slight_smile:
I’m a new member here. I sent my first card few days ago, but I didn’t download the picture of that card and I don’t have a same one now ( our stores with cards closed for lockdown ).
Is it a big mistake? What have I do in this situation?
Thank you.

4 Likes

Hi
Its not a huge problem
Just ask the receiver to upload a picture of the card after he receives it.
Both the sender and receiver can upload a picture

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer! :slight_smile:
P.S. It is so exciting: firs card, first mistake, first help.))

11 Likes

Happy to help
And i hope you have more amazing adventures on postcrossing

2 Likes

Hey, northern neighbor! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If it makes you feel any better, I forget to upload a picture of my outgoing card 40-60% of the time. :joy: I get so excited to put my cards in the mail that it slips my mind.

@Shashidar is much wiser than I am and once again correct: it isn’t a crime. It’s a nice courtesy to do, but you’re not failing in any way if you don’t. :heart:

5 Likes

Welcome, Toma2020! Hope you have a great time here! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To add to what others have said, there is no obligation for either sender or receiver to upload the picture - some people do and others don’t.

Ultimately, the receiver “owns” the card once it is received and has the final choice of whether they want a photo uploaded.

7 Likes

Welcome! It is not a mistake. You are not forced to upload pictures of the cards.

4 Likes

If the reciever hasn’t registered the card yet, you can still upload it before it gets registered. However after the card gets registered, then the receiver has to upload it.

Just send a private message and ask the receiver to upload it. Let them know it is your first card and you would like to have the picture uploaded.

4 Likes

If you really want to upload the card while it’s still traveling but you don’t have the picture, you can check Canada postcard gallery. Maybe you will find the same card you are sending. You can ask permission from the sender of the card to use it on your wall.

4 Likes

Welcome to Postcrossing! I actually don’t upload a picture of the ones I send out :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If you would like to do that please do it after your card is registered.

Or you do it like I do it if I forget to scan a card.

I upload this message:

14 Likes

Thanks for your support! :slight_smile: BTW, my first card is going to USA ! :v::grin:

1 Like

Thank you! :heart: I’m sure, it will be lots of fun here!!! :v::heart:

Thanks for your advice! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help!! :slight_smile:

Oh, it’s a great idea! Maybe, l can find this card there. I will check.
Thanks so much!!! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile: