I didn't realise the cost of postage had changed

I have done an awful thing. I put two postcards in the post box this week without realising that the cost of postage had changed. And I am sure I don’t have enough postage on them.

What should I do in this situation? Also what does happen in this situation? Will the post just be destroyed as it didn’t have enough postage on it?

One of a number of things. If the postcards are inland the recipient might be surcharged. My suspicion would be that given we are only 5 days into the new prices, they’ll probably deliver them.

3 Likes

Thank you, I sure hope that is the case, that they will be delivered.

I suppose I shall just have to wait and see what happens.

It will probably be ok. I did the same thing at the last price rise and my postcards were registered. There is usually a unspoken ‘grace period’ where they deliver regardless, particularly as it was New Year and Friday was a bank holiday, then weekend collections etc.

I did the exact same thing.

I’ve sent 4 international postcards in the last week using a £1.45 stamp and no return address. I only just realised my mistake and I was kicking myself! But surely it’ll be alright and we’ll be given a grace period. I’ve done a little research and it seems that for any non-European destinations, the International Economy tariff of £1.45 still applies so they should be fine, they’ll just take longer to be delivered.

Fingers crossed for us both (and I’m sure many others who are in our shoes).

1 Like

I am guilty of not having checked to see if there are any price changes. I am happy to report that a postcard to Russia and one for Japan (official PC) arrived in less than 2 weeks with only £1.45 on them. There is hope!

I think for the amount of postcards that are just “lost in transit” we should at least be offered this nice transition (grace) period.

Happy Postcrossing!