I am looking for the sender of this card

I wrote to this user, she didn’t reply.
I also sent a request to PC support again, asking them to check whether it could be this user. Unfortunately, they wrote back saying it wasn’t her. And that there is still too little data to find it. What a pity.
I know, a card like this isn’t a big deal. But it’s very intriguing… It’s the first time I’ve had a case like this.
I received a similar card from the USA from this series, from another city, on the same day. There was no ID number there either. But there was the sender’s name. I reported both cases to support. And in this case I got help within a few minutes. And in the second one, I wrote three times and still to no avail.
It’s nice that so many people support me. Thank you very much :slight_smile: I hope the sender will be found. He could use a free slot for WPD :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The flower sticker at the bottom of the card is the US Global postage that we use in America for international mail.

Did you compare the handwriting on the two cards? Could they have been sent by the same person, who just had an “extra” and decided to send you both cards?

5 Likes

That’s a shame.
I agree that it’s intriguing - it’s the same sort of mystery as a detective novel that just sucks you in and you want to know the answer. You can tell that from the number of people trying to wade through the postcrossing site to find possibilities.
Postcrossing support are usually very good, but sometimes there is just too little information to go on. I did thing that @Johnk60 's suggestion of asking again when it goes to expired was a very good one, as that would be a much shorter list of possibles.

Please, please report back on what you find out.

Just one extra thought: Did you compare the handwriting/ postmark on the two cards. Sometimes people send a bonus card especially if they thought it was a series you might collect.

3 Likes

Right? Is it a swap you forgot about?

I mail my cards from neighboring cities all the time when I am working during the day in other cities.

1 Like

Yes, I compared. The handwriting is quite different.
I haven’t collected this series of cards so far, so it’s not a direct swap. Maybe it’s a gift from an anonymous person… :slight_smile: I’ll keep looking and will write as soon as I find out. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it’s a weekend detective story for me :slight_smile: And more :slight_smile:
I will write to a few people from that area, maybe something will be clarified. Thank you :slight_smile:
Yes, I compared. The handwriting is quite different. The postmark on the second card is from Orlando FL.
I haven’t collected this series of cards so far, so it’s not a direct swap. Maybe it’s a gift from an anonymous person… :slight_smile: I’ll keep looking and will write as soon as I find out. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suggest that you check both New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Many of my US colleagues commute this sort of distance (and more) on a daily basis, so I think that the person could live in either place (or of course anywhere where those are the nearest cities).

3 Likes

Another issue that must be considered concerning the U.S.P.S. is that if you live in a relatively small city in the U.S., even if you mail a card from the post office in your city, it will not be postmarked with your city’s name. It will be postmarked with the name of the city to which the card was shipped, and then processed. (U.S. mail used to be postmarked at the post office from which it was mailed; this is no longer the case, generally speaking). So basically, a card postmarked in Baton Rouge might actually have been sent from any small town in the general vicinity.

3 Likes

Of course we don’t always live where we’re sending from, I understand that. I also sometimes send cards from a city in another part of the country when I visit family.
Optimistic: one of the users has similar content on his profile to what I received on the card. I wrote to him. We’ll see… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do think its this particular member as well!

Perhaps we can ask the Postcrossing Team to counter check if @Pappenheimer is our mystery sender?

1 Like

over time cards and stamps start to pile up, so many of us dont use the single stamp; instead we use a nice combination of several others to add variety and sometimes match the card theme (but I will sometimes use the older poinsettia ones at Christmas time). My personal fav are the big green $1 mixed with a variety of smaller vintage ones like these:

3 Likes

Actually, I was considering sending this Postcrosser an inquiry myself, but I thought that it might be too intrusive.

I sent another request to PC support. I asked several users from the list above to check.
My pick is @tyrsheldon because of the similar content on the card and in his profile. But it doesn’t need to be, but maybe different. It will be great if they find.
I will write as soon as there is something new.
I appreciate your help and thank you all :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree, @tyrsheldon seems like a good match based on the similarities between the card content and his profile. However, I noticed that, according to his profile, tyrsheldon has written six books of poetry with another on the way. But when you compare the handwriting on the postcard to the handwriting of two American poets, say, Robert Frost and T.S. Eliot, they look nothing alike. Based on this compelling evidence, I believe that no poet, including @tyrsheldon, sent the postcard

4 Likes

IMG_2003
I believe that the stamp in the bottom right-hand corner should have been sufficient as the card came from the US and that is an international postage stamp. That is all I have ever used. I think I only have one that has been logged and expired. But I am very new to this.

Are you saying that all poets have the same handwriting, and the lack of similarities means that @tyrsheldon am be eliminated because of this?
I don’t think we can assume the profession based on the handwriting…

2 Likes

Hi all, it’s not from me either. AnitaLouise Baton Rouge, LA

1 Like

It’s a joke. I don’t believe anyone would ever seriously suggest that all poets have the same handwriting.

2 Likes