How to view the profiles of other individuals on the forum?

In the forum, how can I view the profile of the other person when exchanging cards to learn about their postcard preferences? I know this feature might can be public, as in previous tag swapping, someone checked my profile and sent me a postcard I liked. So, for other users willing to share their profiles publicly, how can I view their profiles?

3 Likes

Click on their picture next to their name & a summary box pops up of their info on the Forum & to the right of their name you see a red Postcrossing P - click on that & it takes you to their main profile on the main Postcrossing site.

4 Likes

Just click on their username or profile picture and the user card will show up:

1. :postcrossing: will bring up their official profile
  2. Clicking on the name (on the user card) will lead to their forum profile.
2 Likes

Itā€™s working, thank you! :smiling_face: :smiling_face: I didnā€™t realize that this ā€œPā€ isnā€™t just a simple icon. It is profileļ¼

2 Likes

The red Postcrossing P has disappeared, LC-Canada. Is there a different way to view profiles now?

Thanks,
Corinne

6 Likes

There seems to be a problem with the P icon showing up in some browsers given some software updates - hopefully it can be resolved.

But in the meantime, you need to copy the personā€™s ID name & put it into the search function under the Explore Tab on the main site - their profile will come up that way although it takes more workā€¦sigh

2 Likes

Thank you, LC-Canada!

1 Like

Yes, the red profile icon has disappeared for me as well, and Iā€™m in the US. It has disappeared both on my Google Chrome browser and my Microsoft edge browser.

6 Likes

Yeah, thereā€™s a discussion about which browers & modes people are having trouble seeing it with.

1 Like