How to tweak your profile description

Back to the thread topic: I indeed chose to type ‘nudibranches’ in my profile, whereas I usually refer to them as nudis. The latter would be more

but I didn’t dare to take the gamble :wink:

3 Likes

Postcrossing draws many creative individuals to the community. It seems the organizers have largely left it to ourselves to decide what and how we communicate our interests when creating a profile.
I appreciated the opportunity to begin with a tabula rasa; a few suggestions, but then the encouragement to just ‘go to it’. Over time, I have edited my profile as I’ve become more familiar with the community and with processes, while remaining ‘true’ to how I communicate my self and my interests.
Would the use of a template to organize a profile hamper the creative impulses of each member, who range from individuals who produce a profile that is clear and succinct, to those who write much, to those who write little or nothing?
Creativity vs Conformity ?

1 Like

It’s funny that reply starts ‘28 days later’ like a movie name xD

I would not want changing the way of creating profile from tabula rasa to template, personally. But, as you say, I edit my profile a lot too to reflect better who I am in a language which is not my native, and to reflect better my place and view in the community which is not only creative but also very different. Few tips and suggestions are nice, and discussing how to write your own profile is quite entertaining

1 Like

I though this is Indonesian word :sweat_smile:

Tabula Rasa, an Indonesian novel

(Sorry for out of topic :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

1 Like

It’s a latin phrase.

2 Likes