How to study Russian?

Hello everyone from Russia. I live in China. I am interested in study Russian & French. I want to know how to study Russian. Thank you very much! :smile:

2 Likes

hello!
I think if I wanted to learn Russian, I would read Russian classics with a dictionary OwO
or what about Russian penpals? they can help you

1 Like

Hello!)
Our alphabets are different, so I’d recommend to learn how to write and pronounce our letters, then to read and learn simple (3-4 letters) words just to get used to our rules. Our grammar is quite difficult for Chinese, but when you get the sufficient vocabulary it’ll be easier.
And penpals can help, too)))

1 Like

There is site called Duolingo you can choose your own user language in the right upper corner, the site is available in Chinese, too (and for the Russian users here: it also has a Russian interface).
It is free, you can also install their app to your phone and try it out. You will have to create an account (also free of charge) at a later stage to continue. There also is a Pro version that costs some money. I only use the free version for Dutch and Turkish, they have Russian and French and several other languages. It is not the same as a full language course, but it gives you some starters and feeling for the language.

4 Likes

Thank you! I also thought about learning Russian with Duolingo, but in reality, Duolingo only supports learning Russian through English, not Russian through Chinese.

I thought so, but if your English is good enough you may try. I am learning Dutch through English. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of Chinese apps offering language learning.

1 Like

Keep in mind that Duolingo will not teach grammar and there are lots of nonsense sentences that you won’t be able to use in real life (except if you want to make people laugh).
I only have experience with Duolingo’s Greek course. It could be different for other languages though

2 Likes

For grammar I’d recommend full Russian book ‘Let’s go’ by Chernyshev (“Поехали”, Чернышев С.И.) - it’s used for intense Russian for foreigners classes here from zero level, and even though it’s recommended to do with a teacher, it can be manageable alone (my husband uses it, after getting initial vocub through Duolingo)

3 Likes

There is a website called italki. There you can chose a teacher who teaches russian. Maybe there is someone who also speaks chinese? It does cost money, though

1 Like