How to sign?

do you sign your postcards with your real name or with your username?

2 Likes

Both - I sign my first name & somewhere on the card I add my user name, just in case there’s a problem with reading the card ID number & they need to send me a message about it.

I also like to add my username & ask people to add theirs so that we can write more meaningful thank you messages as well.

7 Likes

I sign with my real first name and put a rubber stamp with my Postcrossing username on the card :grinning:

4 Likes

With my real name.
Usually I don’t write my username, instead I write the postcard ID “very clearly”, so that no confusion arises.

7 Likes

I only sign with my first name, but I think the most important thing is that you sign at all - so that the receiver has a way of addressing you in the registration message.

4 Likes

I only sign my name on officials. On Tags I do both name and username

6 Likes

I sign with my first name and add my username rubber stamp on the cards.

1 Like

Same here. I don’t find a need to put my username down for Postcrossing official.

5 Likes

I sign only my name on officials and on tags etc I will put both my username and then sign my name as well.

1 Like

On officials, I usually just sign my first name. I only put my user name (or name sticker) if the recipient explicitly requests it.

I usually “sign” only with my initial because I almost always run out of space by the end of a postcard. But my first sentence is always “My name is Courtney and…” so people know how to address a registration message. Like others, I will only put my username on if someone asks.

I used to sign “Jim” and my user ID, but recipients were thanking “Tim”, so I changed my signing to James, and made sure my J was clear

5 Likes

I start all my cards with “This is / My name is Anastasia…” but leave my username only for the Forum games or direct swaps. Although, sometimes when there’s a free space on the official card I can leave my username as well, it depends.

Both; I sign my text with my first name, and somewhere on the card I write ID-number, date, and username.

I use my real name, but I always include my username in case someone wants to learn more before writing me a thank you.

Anne/Lex222

I do write my name in the message ‘‘my name is…’’ and then in the end of the card I do my signature. I think it’s fair to use my own name, since I do know receivers name in the address.

2 Likes

My username is based on my real name, or at least the nickname form.
I sign with “Miri” as that’s what I like to be called as well, but I have added the full username on a sticker also containing the postcard ID. :slight_smile:

I put my first name and username on every card. It’s just a force of habit at this point.

1 Like

Huh. My username is my real name. I begin my postcards with ‘Hello and the recipients real name’. And the last word i use to close the postcard, is name with as much flurry i can muster.

1 Like

I have a habit of launching into the message without a “Hi, Pete” or “Hello, Ming” to start. Perhaps it looks as though I’ve pre-written cards to anyone, but I hope not. I usually try to tailor the message enough to avoid that impression.

I sign John at the end almost always, with user name only for tags.