How soon do you draw your next address?

When one of your sent postcard arrives, how soon after do you draw an address to send a postcard to?

For me, I will draw the next address almost immediately after I see that my postcard has arrived. This means I get to send a postcard almost everyday.

I like doing it this way because I can write a postcard almost everyday, and also stagger the travelling so that the postcards will keep arriving day after day. :crossed_fingers:t3:

12 Likes

When my postcards get registered doesn’t affect when I pick addresses… I draw addresses and send when I have free time, usually at the weekend. Regardless of wether anything was registered (I go sometimes weeks and weeks without anything being registered). I never make use of my full amount of slots so I don’t need to wait for slots to be freed up, I just send when I want or can :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I generally wait until I have at least 8 available slots so that I can print out a batch of addresses. This means I draw my addresses every three weeks or so. Occasionally I would send card(s) in between if a slot is freed faster than expected (say a card to Benelux).

I write cards only on weekend so addressed are also drawn on weekends. I don’t really have time for cards during week days, and I like to limit the money used for postage and cards by setting some regulations on how much I send. Occasionally I even wait longer if I am not feeling like writing cards, so let’s say… about 2-10 days is normal wait time for me.

Although, I might take addresses faster when I am having a longer holiday, but at least previous summer I didn’t really noticed any big differences on my routines.

1 Like

It basically depends on my mood. Sometimes I draw an address right after I have a free slot and sometimes I wait a while. I also consider when I want/can go to the post office, because mostly I buy stamps there.

1 Like

i write one official postcrossing postcard on mondays, wednesdays and fridays, so i often have some free slots and i give to postcards i sent the time to reach their destinations.
it’s been going on this way since i started having 10 travelling postcards.
exceptions are for the meetups and when i’m abroad to use travelmode.
rarely i’ve been without free slots to use on the day stated for postcrossing.
on the other days of the week i write one official postcard on other sites working like postcrossing, so every day i write a postcard a least, moreover my direct swaps :grinning:

1 Like

immediately

1 Like

As soon as I have a slot. As I newby I am limited to 5 cards, which I sent out immediately. 2 were already registered, so I sent another one already, the other one goes out on Monday.

Probably, when I will have more slots available, I will draw on Fridays to have time to write on weekends.

2 Likes

I draw new addresses the day I have time to write and send the postcards because I like to keep my statistics as clean as possible.

2 Likes

I only draw addresses when I have time and right mood for writing the card. I have never used all my slots after I got the chance to have more than 5 cards travelling at the same time. I think my record is 15 cards travelling at the same time eventhough I could send 18 cards.

1 Like

Right after I received hurrayyy message.
The most exciting part of postcrossing for me is drawing the address and reading the profile.

12 Likes

For me this depends. I do not have time to write every day and some month are busier than others so I usually write my cards on the weekend and that is when I draw another address

I do so when I am able to draw 2-3 addresses

I don’t have much time during the weekdays, so I end up pulling a batch of addresses during the weekend when I have time to write and send postcards. The only exception was World Postcrossing Day when I saved up slots over three weeks and then pulled addresses and sent cards on October 1.

1 Like

i can send 22 cards at the time and i almost never have all my slots filled. a lot of cards go to germany so they get registered pretty fast.
i request an address when i feel like writing cards. depends when i have a day off with not much to do.

1 Like

It depends how I’m feeling, sometimes I get so excited I get one right away. I travel a lot so I always have my postcard and stamps on hand! Now I’m back in my “home” (I work in Yellowstone and travel on my off season for a month and half) I will pull a address right away

1 Like

I have times when I draw a new address as soon as a card is registered - I try to do that during December because Postcrossing has a charity program with German Post, where German Post gives 0.10 Euro per card sent in Germany during December and registered until end of February. All cards with DE IDs count, so if you travel to Germany (if that’s even possible with the current COVID-19 lockdown here) and use travel mode, your cards will count as well. :smiley:

Most of the time I draw addresses when I feel like sending official postcards. Since I discovered RRs and swas in the forum, I do most of my cards there - the probability I’ll get cards I actually like is a lot better there that with official cards (yes, my main goal for Postcrossing is to get interesting view cards from all over the world :smiley:). This year I had times with almost no travelling cards - the pandemic makes it difficult to obtain postcards, and I dislike online shopping - too expensive for just one targeted card for a newly drawn address…

2 Likes

With these times I do it quite soon after registration, since it’s a nice hobby to practice especially during this pandemic, but before that I waited a bit longer generally and sent out less postcards overall.

This month I request a new address for every free slot every day, due to the action “postcards for a good cause” by Postcrossing and Deutsche Post AG, but usually I do not request more than 3 or 4 addresses per day, so there are always some slots free.

1 Like

I pretty much do it immediately.