How much are you paying for sending one postcard?

60 Cent within Germany
95 Cent international

Pretty cheap!

1 Like

in my country (ukraine) i pay for international -40 gryvnias (1.4US and 1.2 EU) first i thought it was a lot and I thought about quitting postcrossing because of the prices, but then I read your prices and I understood that’s not so expensive

1 Like

These were the rates in 2017. I made the list with the help of this forum. You can check the rates in US dollars also. It’s getting cheaper in Turkey (in foreign currency) however purchasing power is getting worse than before.

Now I pay 1.50€ for international and 0.91€ for domestic cards in Netherlands.

3 Likes

From Luxembourg: EUR 1.05 to Europe and EUR 1.40 to the rest of the world.

3 Likes

In Russia, rates are standard for all countries - 53 rubles is € 0.60 for a postcard and a letter up to 20 grams, and then an additional payment of 3 rubles (€ 0.03) for every 20 grams.
internal mail 18 rubles (€ 0.2) for a postcard and 23 rubles (€ 0.25) for a letter up to 20 grams, and then an additional payment of 3 rubles (€ 0.03) for every 20 grams.
The fee does not depend on which transport you send.

1 Like

Hello, I was told at my post office that I had to use an international 1,40€ stamp and not several stamps for France even if they amounted to 1,40€. It seems odd, who - except Postcrossers - cares how many stamps I use as long as I pay the correct amount. What stamps do you use?

2 Likes

I don’t want to sound grumpy, but the topic name is a bit misleading. I first clicked open this topic to read how much people altogether (=stamp + card) spend sending one card, but this is actually about stamp prices. :thinking: Well to answer the question, I pay anywhere between 1,75 € and 3,25 € to send one card, depending how expensive the card is. Usually cards at shops can cost 1 €-1,80 €, but I seldom buy cards that are more expensive than 1,50 or 1,30 €. At flea markets you can get cards at a cheap price of 0,40 € or less if you’re lucky.

1 Like

Strange…Never heard such a thing. I order mine online and I only buy one 1,40 euros.

1 Like

Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

In Poland prices went up since September 2020 and now we pay 8 PLN to all countries - it is about 1,79 Euro

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply. What I meant is that I like to receive several stamps on a postcard and I wanted to do the same but at the post office they said I could only put one 1,40 € stamp. And I don’t really like the purple Marianne. But I have followed your advice and have ordered some online :wink:

3 Likes

Well I try and buy a box of themed cards so I get nicer cards at a cheaper rate. But otherwise, like you, I tend to spend between 0,80 € and 1,50 € on a card + 1,40€ for the stamp.

1 Like

Sorry for misleading you about topic name :sweat_smile:I didn’t think much about name of it when I opened the topic​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

In Turkey It’s 6,5 ₺ and due to our bad economy It is nearly 0,70€=$0,83.

1 Like

I got a bit of a shock last night when I read that, from 1st January 2021, postage prices in the UK are to rise yet again - and by a rather significant amount, too. (the third rise within less than a year.)

From that date, postcard postage from the UK to anywhere abroad will rise from £1.45 to £1.70 (= €1.86; $2.25). Twice the amount it was when I started the hobby some 8 years ago.

This may well prompt me to give up on ‘official’ Postcrossing.

2 Likes

It is really cheap for Singapore actually, comparing to the prices many Postcrossers have listed from their countries here.

It takes just SGD 0.60 (USD 0.45) to send to Malaysia and Brunei, and SGD 0.70 (USD 0.52) to everywhere else in the world.

3 Likes

That because in many countries’s National Postal Service, They has government subsidies.Like China,Germany etc…But some countries the Postal Service contract to private company.That’s why.

2 Likes

Latvia.
1.35 euro to Europe and Russia;
1.42 to America.

2 Likes

Within the US, I’m using a forever stamp (for now) at $0.55, but anywhere outside of the US it costs me $1.20.

1 Like

@brittanyjewell: There is a special domestic postcard rate of 0.35 USD and special postcard-rate stamps. You can of couse use any other stamp(s) to get to 35 cents. For international postcards, letter and postcard rate are identical at 1.20 USD, you can e.g. use 2 forever stamps plus a 10 cent stamp for these.

The domestic postcard rate is going to increase soon, I think to 36 cents on 24-Jan-2021, so you may want to stock up on postcard stamps.

I’m surprised how expensive it is in Europe. In Russia, sending a postcard outside the country costs 0.55 euros, within the country 0.2 euros. But the quality and delivery time is poor. There are legends about the Russian Post))

3 Likes