How Many Postcrossers Does It Take To Change a Lightbulb?*

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 16:07 (UTC -5)

Hello, All!

It’s time for a new Category within the Postcrossing Forum: Postcrossing Humor!

We need a place to collect and share the funny stuff that goes on in and around Postcrossing. There are all kinds of places for the unfunny stuff (delays, rude or inconsiderate people, radioactive wishlists, postage increases, restrictive rules, etc.). I urge the Moderators to create such a Category (Postcrossing Humor) forthwith and place this Topic within it as the first offering therein.

Generally, Postcrossing has a “Peace, Love, and the Brotherhood of Man” kind of vibe. If there were an “Official Transportation Modality of Postcrossing”, it would probably be a Volkswagen Microbus from the 1960s in some wild pastel color scheme (maybe a big rolling postcard or stamp?!). I think we can appreciate both direct and self-deprecating humor about Postcrossing and Postcrossers here. An example is the “You May Be A Postcrosser If…” type of postcards already on PaperSisters in their “Life of a Postcrosser” set. (See also this Topic elsewhere in the Forum => You know you're a Postcrosser when). If you can’t take a joke, well, you know what they say about that :slight_smile:

For those who may not be familiar with them, Lightbulb Jokes are a venerable humor genre. They generally revolve around the question of how many people of some characteristic are needed to change or replace or screw in a lightbulb with a pithy punch line answer that highlights the essential situation under consideration.

Here are some well-known variants.

Q. How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. One, but it takes five years and the lightbulb really has to want to change.

As I have, at various times in my life, lived in New York City and Los Angeles, I appreciate this series.

Q. How many New Yorkers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. None of your !@#$%^& business.

Q. How many Californians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Ten. One to change the lightbulb and nine to share the experience.

Q. How many Californians who come from New York does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. None of your !@#$%^& business, but have a nice day anyway!

So, to my original question posed in the title of this Topic:

*Q. How many Postcrossers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. You send us the stamps and we’ll tell you the answer!

What is YOUR answer, Fellow Postcrosser?

Happy Postcrossing!

Michael

16 Likes

Q. How many Postcrossers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. All 803,934 members. Each Postcrosser buys boxes of lightbulbs, then changes each bulb individually from their naked state into a stamped, decorated work of art. Then, each bulb is dropped into a dark box, beginning an uncertain journey, to then emerge and spread luminous light and joy all over the planet.

24 Likes

First of all:

Q: How many Germans does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: One. We’re very efficient and have no humour.

And now to your original question:

Q: How many Postcrossers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: None. We don’t have time for such mundane business. We have postcards to write!

57 Likes

:joy:
@lauranalanthalasa … you crack me up!

2 Likes

A: Just one, but first they have to check their lightbulb collection to find the perfect lightbulb to suit the light fixture, then they have to find a ladder that’s just the right height, then they have to install it carefully, then flick the light switch and wait anywhere from 4 to 364 days to see if the electricity arrives!

45 Likes

They are all funny but @aerobear just described my entire life :joy::joy:

4 Likes

:joy: :flashlight:

Bingo!

This one made me laugh out loud :joy:

Great thread :purple_heart:

7 Likes

There is a certain type of germans through, called Ostfriesen, like the New Yorker or California-stereotypes.

Q:How many Ostfriesen does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Five, one who stands on a table and holding the lightbulb and four that rotate the table.

And for postcrossers, we change a lightbulb really quick, when we want write postcards and it’s too dark without the light.

24 Likes

F: How many postcrosser do you need to change a lightbulb?

A: I think none. Postcrossers illuminate their desk or handicraft table with LED lamps. So bright - a football stadium is a darkroom on the other hand. To find all stickers, tapes and stamps that have accumulated over time. Nothing should be lost !!

14 Likes

A. None. They just light up a candle and carry on.

16 Likes

A. Probably the same number as the number of Elephants you can get in a London Phone Box!

3 Likes

A. Two. One to change the lightbulb, and one to check whether it’s bright enough to photograph a postcard for uploading to Postcrossing.

10 Likes

I’m not witty enough to come up with a funny answer but I’m having a laugh reading all your comments!:heart_eyes:
Keep them coming! :star_struck:

2 Likes