How many postcards do you keep 'in stock'?

I‘m at around 800, I guess. Including a 2 Postcard boxes, a couple of postcard books and a box full of individual cards.
Plus a ton of greeting cards and even more envelopes…

4 Likes

I think 500-600! I started in April, and bought a few box sets which make up the majority of my collection since I buy 100 pc box sets XD

3 Likes

I did a rough count earlier today, coming up with about 100.

I´m just in the middle of organizing my stock so I don´t know the exact amount of my cards
but I would say about 3000. There´s a lot of multiples.

5 Likes

I feel like I am in good company here! I guess I am new even though I’ve been on since 2017 - I took a hiatus for my wedding and just didn’t come back until now. But I’m obsessed! I have 6 cards out in the world waiting to be received and 100s of new cards on the way from Dungeons and Dragons cards to birds to pretty Oklahoma cards. I can’t wait to send all of these - the waiting is KILLING ME!

4 Likes

@ShannonAD

Welcome to the forum!

Consider participating in round robins, tags and swaps! :wink:
You get to send out cards without the waiting for slots

@Seracker, Thank you! I am trying to figure out how they work but there are a lot of posts to sift through! I’m not having the best luck understanding how any of that really works.

1 Like

I must have 15 box sets of 50 or 100
Then 3 boxes of maybe 500 each with various topics - new and vintage. Maybe another 500 that won’t fit in the boxes…
With 15 official cards travelling at a time may take a while to shift :grinning:

5 Likes

Perhaps try the Tag Index. Simpler and more instant than RRs

3 Likes

RR group chats can be confusing at times, especially if they’re ongoing groups. I do monthly preference-based RRs and I find it works best for me. I send everyone in the group a postcard at the beginning of the month and wait to receive their postcards. When you’ve sent postcards and receive postcards, you report them in the group chat.

I also like to visit the Random Acts of Smileness and Spread the Joy group chats to send postcards.

1 Like

I have about 15,000 unused, unique cards. I love sending them and don’t collect them

16 Likes

Today is a happy day because I pretty much ran out of viewcards. …which means I can order a bunch of new ones! :partying_face: I have 48 in my basket at the moment so I am debating whether I should round it to 50 :thinking: :smile:

5 Likes

I probably only have 20-30 cards, I would love to buy more but it is not in the budget :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have boxes and boxes of postcards on hand. It is a bit of a treasure hunt when I read a profile and search up something I think will please the recipient. If I had to guess, I would come in at over 1000 blank post cards on hand at current as I am trying to organize them.

4 Likes

I usually like to buy postcards that I like the look of - I also found some postcards in a plastic bag - now I am receiving 100 postcards ready to share with fellow postcrossers.

1 Like

Maybe 1000-2000? It seems to be crazy. :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

I have about 1000, this is mainly because I bought a huge collection at an auction, all different and in excellent condition.

1 Like

I’m just starting my collection so that I could send. I think so far I have around 55 with my recent purchases on amazon. I hope to bring that up to 500 but I also want to keep sending them but right now I just rated off with 5 slots.

Around 100 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like to keep around 1,000. Today I’m receiving a big delivery of 365 cards so figure 1,300-1,400 in total as of today.

Even with all those cards, I drew an official last night with such specific requests that I didn’t have a match. :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes