How Good is your Postal Service?

Congratulations to the next winner? :smile:

1 Like

Im actually getting worried my mail office is throwing out mail. I have an alarming amount of cards not hitting destination suddenly . Some right here in the usa traveling to usa since jan 24. I suspected a problem, so mailed my self a card on january 29th. it still hasn’t come yet. im not sure who to even complain to , the local post office or the distro center

Did you use a blue box, at the counter, or the slot inside? Blue boxes have been getting broken into all over the US. In any case I would complain directly to the Postal Inspectors. You can find the information at the USPS website at the bottom of the home page. There should be a link to them there. The website is usps.com

Then there is always your Congressman/woman and the local news. The problems you are having are nationwide. Document everything you send so you have something to show them.

all 3! blue box cards not arriving, so i switched to inside . well those didnt arrive either, so i actually had the ones i sent myself desk canceled. and still didnt arrive. i swear they are throwing out postcards

I often think that Australia Post having a bad reputation (globally) is a lot to do with Australian culture — in short, we have high standards for them and complain a lot! I believe AusPost are at least as good as USPS (and, imo, much easier to deal with than Royal Mail) but whereas Americans seem to have an attitude of supporting the USPS in principle and wishing to protect it from bad managers, Aussies are more likely to see the bad managers as the entity and talk sh*t about AusPost (no judgement, I’m exactly the same — I just think it’s interesting).

In reality, they can definitely be slow at times (not always) but they are extremely reliable. In my experience, it’s incredibly, incredibly rare for a letter or postcard to actually get lost. They respond to customer service enquiries and getting straight-up wrong information at the post office is much less common than in the UK. But I imagine I’ll never, ever see an “I support AusPost” sticker.:sweat_smile:

1 Like