How do you store addresses?

I have seen many members on the forum stating they have another member’s address when they tag them. How do you store addresses for future use?

I don’t store them anywhere on my PC - I don’t think that would be appropriate. However neither do I delete any of my received messages, so I have been searching those if I tag someone more than once. That way it’s up to the forum gurus to decide if it’s OK for addresses to be collected like that.

6 Likes

That’s how I’ve been doing it, too.

Like @UsanduK, I delete them after use unless the recipient and I agree to swap again. But yes, I suppose they do live in my private messages.

Oh yeah I’ve seen that too!
I keep tabs of people I agree to swap regularly with myself, but those are penpals

2 Likes

I used to delete them and just ask again :sweat_smile:. But since I became host of a Round Robin, I realised I needed to keep them, so I sent a message to myself here in the forum with all of them.
I edit whenever it’s needed to add a new one and I have them alphabetical. I ended up adding the others I have (private swaps, tags, etc) in case I needed them again. This way they are all stored in the same place and I can look them up when needed without going through all the messages.

Edited to add: I just wrote “needed” a lot… well, I guess I needed to… :laughing:

4 Likes

:rofl:

Nice save :grin:

2 Likes

Before the new forum: nowhere… now I have the old messages archived. Well, I have a few in my address book, but mostly Postcrossers I met on meet ups…

I search my messages to see if I have their address. If not, I request again. It seems I often exchange with a few postcrossers, so I know their address will be in my messages, lol.

1 Like

I keep an address in my email archive until the swap is completed. So occasionally I will still have an address there when a different swap happens with the same person. But after it’s complete I’ll delete.

My iphone memo

I copy the written side of all my cards before posting

1 Like