How can I delete messages?

Yes, I was also a little embarrassed when I first saw this, and I thought that my interlocutor was offended by something, but I quickly realized what was the matter. But I am still confused when remove myself from the dialogue. Perhaps, not everyone is so quick-witted, and someone may be offended :thinking:

1 Like

You can remove yourself from your own message and other person mesage.

You can remove other person only if you are the person who wrote the message.

@BeeJoyful

You can’t delete anything - you can only remove yourself from a message.
If you don’t do that there are no consequences, except that you will have a lot of useless messages in your mailbox.
If you don’t want to remove yourself, you can move the finished messages to the archive.

If you only remove yourself from the message when everything has been cleared up and it is not to be used again later, no one should actually be offended. Besides, the other user can invite you back into the message at any time if you delete yourself too early.

You can only delete your own posts in normal topics, not in PMs.

If you want,you can mark a closed lottery as [closed], but you can also just write in the last post that the lottery is now closed.
And 2 months after the last post was made, the lottery will be deleted automatically.

1 Like

Thanks @Billie these responses are super helpful. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Can someone delete messages? I did a swap with someone and wanted to let them know I received their postcard. I cannot find any of the direct messages in my folder that I had with them. I am so confused and I am not sure of their name on here :slightly_frowning_face:

Only you can delete messages from your folders; you would have to remove yourself from the message by deleting your @username from the participant field just below the first post of the message. If you haven’t inadvertently done this, the message is still somewhere in one of your folders; look in your Inbox, Sent, or Archive folders.

2 Likes

Did you communicate via messages off of the forum? If I remember correctly, there’s a way to message each other from your postcrossing profile (postrcrossing.com) and not the forum (commuinty.postcrossing.com). This version sends you emails and has you check a box if you’d like to receive a copy of your message.

Yes, through the forum. It is just so odd.

If the message was initiated by the other person, then they can delete the message. As message owner, one can both remove another person from conversation and they can also remove themselves. When this happens, the message is deleted for everyone.

You could look for this message in your emails if you have the email setting enabled in your preferences.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining.
I did look through my email messages. I must have deleted it when I was doing a massive clean up of my email :astonished: I did finally figure out the person to thank her. :love_letter:

Bingo! Thank you–I found it that way. :love_letter:

As message owner, one can both remove another person from conversation and they can also remove themselves. When this happens, the message is deleted for everyone.

What is the message owner only removed his/herself… I can’t remove myself then anymore I noticed so also not delete the message…

You can invite postbot into the conversation and then remove yourself. That way it disappears from your inbox.

Thanks soooo much! :heart:

1 Like