How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

Over the last 2 days I have read through this entire thread! What a buzz! It read like the feeling of Christmas morning. I am so excited to participate in my first WPD this year!

12 Likes

Is there an organized way to swap WPD cards or do we have to do it ourselves?

Thank you. :blush:
I’ve sent you a pm with some details.

1 Like

There isn’t one, but I’m sure if you set up a topic on the Trades section of the forum, you’ll quickly be able to organize something! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will try to find a post office and a mailbox at the airport of abu dahbi. As I’m on the way back home on 1st october from my holiday at korea.

7 Likes

Got it! Tysm!

1 Like

Just wondering: has the WPD 2023 blog been taken down?
Suggestion: given the comments made and questions raised, it might be useful to clarify to the community if the jury members were informed of the fact that the winning entry made use of a (modified) stock image.

8 Likes

We’re looking into this issue, and have taken the post down while investigating. There should be a new post up when the matter is resolved.

18 Likes

Basically it’s suspected as plagiarism as highly similar to a stock image.

Original post can be viewed here :
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vzbrPvHPS8IJ:https://www.postcrossing.com/blog/2023/08/08/world-postcard-day-2023-official-postcard&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=my

Image source : Premium Vector | Inlove man with hearts

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call it plagiarism since image taken from free stock and modified. But I would call it contest cheating and such works should be disqualified without investigations.

13 Likes

:frowning_with_open_mouth: thats sad…
honestly I said my congrats to winner on blog post but I didnt like this design of the year :persevere:

2 Likes

Yes, and I wouldn’t yet accuse of anything, as it’s still possible the stock photo is by her too isn’t it?
(I don’t now find the rules, so I don’t know if it’s ok to put the almost same image for sharing.)

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure about that - depends what the rules of the contest were. So I’ve looked them up and they clearly state:

" Submitted designs should be **original works "

And they say it, in different ways, three times in the rules. It’s not difficult.

10 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out. It’s tricky.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to WPD and I can’t believe it is almost here again!! I especially love our theme this year, Postal Hugs. I feel like I need more postal hugs just now.

There’s a meet-up being organised here in the ACT…but I’m not sure that I can get to it at this point, which is a shame.

I’ll stop sending postcards in early/mid-September, in order to collect maybe five or six slots to use on WPD. I’d like to have more…but I know there can be issues with address availability, so I’ll keep the number small.

I have a few different cards in mind to use this year. A couple from Julia Swan, some from Papersisters (currently en-route to me) and I’ve also been playing with Illustrator over the last few days and have made a little design of my own. I’m a novice in Illustrator…so my design is pretty novice too. But it makes me smile. I’m not sure if I’ll print it or not yet.

It’s a work in progress…and this is just a photo of the screen because it’s late and I’m tired…

:heart:

37 Likes

I’m excited that you’re excited Jo! Thanks for sharing that!! Will you do anything special on the day?

1 Like

What a huge let down! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think it is a problem if people already place order for printing the card using the design.

5 Likes

I did :confused: I wish these types of issues would have been reviewed prior to release.

7 Likes

I can understand your frustration @KimberlyOR. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
If what @Florallle suggested turns out to be possible, that might maybe be an option for you, too:

2 Likes