How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

I like moo.com for my printing as I can do all different photos, not just one photo. For example, five of one flower, five of one mountain, five of… etc.
The back is the same on all of them.

1 Like

@Shana_Leja I am new to Postcrossing and just read this post. If you like the postcard on the left I can send you one. I just bought them for WPD, but have an extra one I can send you. Just let me know your address. Can’t wait for WPD it is only a week and a half away!

3 Likes

The United States Postal Service doesn’t pickup,deliver or even postmark mail on Sundays (or Federal Holidays). So, I will wait until the late afternoon on Saturday the 30th to get an address(es) from postcrossing. (I find if I wait until after 6pm here in the Pacific Time Zone, its past midnight in Portugal, which I’m guessing is where Postcrossing’s clock and calendar both are), and will have the official Oct 1 date for sending. I may even write some cards right away and take them to the main post office where I think they collect mail up until 11pm on Saturday Nights. If I don’t, I’ll just write them on the Sunday and they can be picked up on Monday.
I have 10 commemerative cards specifically set aside for WPD. I have 3 slots free now, I hope to have 5 available by WPD. The other 5 cards I intend to send to friends and family to raise awareness for WPD with them.

1 Like

I have a day off of work on 1rst of October and I’m planning on participating on world postcard Day for the first time. Last year I either didn’t have any empty slots to send postcards or I was out of stamps so I wasn’t able to participate then. I’ll try to send as many cards on the world postcard Day as possible

2 Likes

I’ve sent WPD postcards something like 20 days ago, 'cause I’d like them to arrive in time (my outbox mail gets so long to be delivered, lately).
So, for October 1st, I am going to ship the ones with halloween decorations :jack_o_lantern::grin::jack_o_lantern:
I am also going to ship cards from my stash that have autumn vibes. It is my fav season and I am going to celebrate it :tada:
Also, I got some pretty mail/WPD themed stickers and a couple of autumn/nature washitapes that I am going to use on every card. To make the back sides unique and full of stuff is the part I enjoy the most.

3 Likes

If you want to get the WPD badge, you need to draw addresses when it’s October 1 in your time zone. Using UTC as a reference didn’t work well, so that was abandoned. For the second year, the timezones of the members count. So it doesn’t matter what time it is in Portugal (or what the UTC time is) when you draw the address.

The postcards you send on October 1 doesn’t have to be stamped at the 1st, unless you want to get the October 1 stamp on them.

4 Likes

It’s Friday 30th September, Saturday 1st October this year! 🫢

2 Likes

Oops!..Forget everything I said…

2 Likes

:blush:

I’m going to move to my first own flat on October, 1st, so probably I won’t have time to write postcards that day. But I ordered a lot of World Postcard Day postcards and I will write them on October, 2nd in my new home. I really looking forward to that, especially when I’ll receive the first postcards to my mailbox. I will be the only active Postcrosser in this city. (according to the current status) :slight_smile:

11 Likes

If getting the badge is important to you, don’t forget to get the addresses from Postcrossing on the 1st, even if you have no intention of writing the postcards until you’ve settled in.

I hope all goes well with your move.

5 Likes

It feels so odd not to be sending out cards the minute my others are registered…which is what I normally do.

I now have four address slots available. I won’t save any more. That will be plenty of officials for me. And I may only use two of them on the day…if the system is struggling badly.

Only two of my own cards have been registered since I went ‘inactive’. But I hope to have another one or two registered this coming week. It’ll be a small contribution to the health of the available addresses pool, when I go back to being ‘active’ on the 1st. I think I will wait until it’s the 1st in UTC…and not just do it in the wee hours of AEST…which will be 30th UTC.

I did not end up making or printing any WPD cards myself. I have some beautiful Julia Swan and Nisan Design cards that I will use for some of my mail on the day. And the rest will be profile specific.

Only seven sleeps to go everyone! :partying_face::writing_hand::love_letter::mailbox::heart:

6 Likes

I hope to be able to send postcards this year as last year I was at my quota. Being in NZ and being usually a day ahead of some countries I forget what day we are. Is anyone doing direct swaps so they can actually get one of the designed cards for wpd?

1 Like

Don’t forget to eat some ravioli (aka, little postage stamps) on the day! :yum:

9 Likes

I’m planning to do this! Specifically I have a couple of friends who are intrigued by Postcrossing, and writing a WPD card with info on Postcrossing may be just the thing to get them on board :grin: Either way, I’m sure they won’t have received a WPD card before and will be delighted to get it :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Wooohooooo :partying_face:.
Not long now to go now!

3 Likes

I’m watching the pot boil waiting for 200. I now have a whole 12 slots lol
One day sigh…

2 Likes

I am going to my first meetup in London on WPD Saturday
Would you like me to send a card from there ? Just message your address

2 Likes

It’s a tad frustrating right? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I have at least surpassed 100 sent now and I’m sitting on a very grand 11 slots…only four of which are currently vacant. But that’s enough.

Thank you so much for your very generous WPD meetup offer :heart:. I would LOVE that! While I don’t have any WPD specific cards to send back…I’d love to send you something based on your profile! :blush:

I’ll message you now.

2 Likes

Yep! When I was at tvat point, I thought it takes forever to get the next slot! But at some point things went faster…

2 Likes