Hopelessness of a new Postcrosser with long travelling cards

Welcome to Postcrossing. Patience is the answer in the beginning. That said, I’m here for almost two years and patience is still the answer :joy: Being in Europe, you won’t have to wait as long as people from some other countries, though. For me, personally, it always feels like cards travel in stages. You get several in a row that arrive really quickly and then suddenly you get a bunch of addresses that just won’t budge. The weirdest time for me was the autumn of 2021. I got several addresses and the time just stopped for two months. Four of the cards from that period are still expired, even after sending duplicates.

5 Likes

Yep. I remember being very impatient for my cards to arrive. As you get a mix of countries, and eventually as your sending limit increases, the waits won’t be so long because you’ll be sending regularly as cards arrive in different places.

Mail times can be all over the place, I notice I had a card arrive in the UK in 4 days once, which is quicker than some of the ones within Australia!

If you have stamps to spare, forum games such as tags and swaps can help pass the time until your officials arrive.

Since you’re new to Postcrossing, I just wanted to make sure you understand that “expired” just means you get a new slot open to draw another address if you want to :slightly_smiling_face:

As long as the card arrives at it’s destination within a year, it can still be registered, in spite of being “expired” at 60 days.

3 Likes

I still think that people thinking things are “slow” when they signed up less than a month ago are either really young or completely forgot how mail works. You need to manage your expectations :wink:

1 Like

Sadly it is snail mail…

2 Likes