Holy Grail

What would be your “holy grail” of postcards? If it doesn’t exist, what would it look like? I’ll start off…

Antarctica postcard with Antarctica postage with Antarctica cancellation

or

An original Currier & Ives with period postage.
:scream::sparkles::ok_hand:t3::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Timbuktu, any South Pacific island, Maldives, Seychelles…

Good question. I’m curious to see what people come up with.

4 Likes

Antarctica does not have it’s own postage. But there are post offices in the American and the British sections (possibly in the others too) so you can send cards down there and get them sent back with Antarctican cancellations.

4 Likes

A postcard from the Isle of Man :isle_of_man: possibly, with Bee Gees related stamps and postcard (wondering if they already made a turistic postcard with their statues’ picture… that would be such a score to me :sparkles: ).

3 Likes

For me, a NASA postcard sent by someone who works/worked on their space exploration programs :rocket:

8 Likes

A postcard from Nirvana with a nice stamp, and a cancellation that was handpressed by Sidharta Gautama himself.

Or if that is impossible, a card from the person I love. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

A postcard from my favorite actor (though variant with Nirvana up here is brilliant, I think :smiley:)

3 Likes

The postcard from the SMOM ( Sovereign Military Order of Malta) I sent myself from a philatelic exhibition in 2017, and still have to arrive

@Malocar, if you are looking for a card from Timbuktu , try goole “postcard from Timbuktu”. I bought a card from them twice, and they are very reliable. The card is actually stamped and sent from Timbuktu

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

@Malocar: I’ve used Postcards from Timbuktu (as @Iside82 recommended) twice now, and it’s always been a great experience.

3 Likes

One real treassure I already received was the card of north Korea’s zoo. Unfortunately not sent from origin, but still a real treassure

Any zoo cardis for me a treassure a dream would be to receive one of any exicting zoo… i will neverbe able tovisit them all by myself, but maybe I can collect many postcsrds of them. Especially valuable areofcourse for me cards from zoos of remote places or simply of zoo I do not yethave a card from. With the help of many really grrat postcrossers my collection is more and more growing

5 Likes

3 Likes

Do they have stamps in the ISS?

6 Likes

Ooh, something vintage - Victorian or Edwardian would be amazing. I use all sorts of older postcards, but seldom receive any!

1 Like

I had a friend in the weather service who was posted to the Antarctic, we wrote often (pre internet) but their mail would pile up and wait for a plane. I think it had an APO postmark

1 Like

An Elvis-Postcard with matching stamp sent from Memphis or Mississippi would be amazing

1 Like

Thats an easy wish…sent you a message

2 Likes

Vintage card with vintage postage, with the card and stamps being philatelic related.

If that’s too difficult, I would like a card that has the written message, stamps and picture somewhat related (maybe same theme etc.)

2 Likes

A signed postcard from the celebrity with something related to same person.

1 Like

I think I have some cards for you :slight_smile:
Will PM you a little bit later

1 Like