Historic postcrossing cards from China

Hi, my friends at Postcrossing! I have just started collecting postcrossing cards sent from China and picture postcards sent from China in general, especially the ones showing the street scene and urban views of China (Shanghai would be my favorite of course).

Postcrossing has defined a new (electronic) way of exchanging postcards, which has been a hobby as old as postcard itself. However, postcrossing has become historic as well: 17 years old now. How time flies! I love ‘historic’ views and stamps from postcrossing postcards from China since 2005. I have just started this project and so far the earliest I have found is from 2009:

(Now all personal info removed)

picture removed by moderator
please don’t make backsides of a card public - that is against the Community Guidelines

Keep private information private.
The addresses given to you are private information and can only be used for Postcrossing purposes. Do not share them with anyone or make them public on the internet. This also applies to what is written on the postcards you have received, so please do not scan it.

There are stamps on the back for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, which is a long time ago now. By that time, there had been only 140,000 postcrossing cards sent from China compared to more than 2,000,000 now. I miss those days when we were not indulged in smart phones and sending postcrossing cards using PCs. I sent my first postcrossing cards from China in 2012 and wonder where they are now haha.

I would love to see yours.

Best wishes,
Shengkai

p.s. I just realize an older thread from me in the trade section is not public so I sort of repost it here. —> other topic deleted by moderator because of double posting.

2 Likes