Help us get OUR Canadian Postcrossing Stamp

There doesn’t seem to be any space in their yearly plans for fun stamps. We’d have to find a way to tie in to a serious issue or fundraiser.

1 Like

Maybe this is waaaayyyyy out there … I am presently in discussion with someone in Ukraine for setting up a postcarding network from Canada. More will be revealed, once all details are worked out.
What about tying in a Postcrossing stamp with a fundraiser for Ukraine? Ukrposhta has done an amazing job keeping mail going, and has their own postcard exchange, run by volunteers. Maybe link it to last year’s fundraiser somehow?

@ykarenes, I did wonder about the duplication of a Ukraine fundraiser. I just ordered a batch more of the support Ukraine stamps so I have some on hand, as I expect that once the stock is depleted, no more will be printed. ???

I got the second letter about two weeks ago.

1 Like

Looks like they (Canada Post) sent letters to all people who had written about the stamps, so let’s keep on writing. I write them at least once / month…

What’s that expression: “The squeaky wheel gets the oil…” :wink:

1 Like

Annoying them can be counterproductive.

I wrote the letter to Canada post last October. Yesterday i got their reply letter after nearly 10 months.

Surprisedly i got a small gift from canada post as well.

Do hope Canada Post will issue the postcrossing stamp in the future.

8 Likes

So nice, @Ricardo_Chen, that you got a gift of those beautiful carousel stamps. Did you get any commitment to a Canadian Postcrossing stamp?

@Ricardo_Chen consider yourself lucky, as for many years I’ve been writing them and never received any gift!

the content of letter is similar to what other postcrossers post above. They did not promise to issue postcrossing stamp but saying that there is a possibility to issue.

Also tell me the procedure to issue a new stamp.

2 Likes

I think i sent them some Chinese stamps as well and wish them happy CNY.
So they gave me the stamp and wish me as well.

2 Likes

Hi what’s happening with the Canada Post stamp ? Any updates on actions we should take ?
Key

nothing new to declare, keep sending our requests…

Is it still the same person in charge ? I will send them one as well. I am wondering if sending the same to our local members of parliament would help as they often step in to help with these issues. Also freedom of information requests would tell you what they are deliberating about the stamp.

never hurts to try something new, go for it!

1 Like