Help us get OUR Canadian Postcrossing Stamp

@HookedonPostcards list indicated in the original message.

1 Like

Since money would definitely be one of the considerations, is the cost of design a potential hurdle? Do you think it would help if we submitted potential designs?

3 Likes

Great idea! It could expedite the process.
Maybe do the good old Canadian thing and form a design committee? :wink:
I am sending a postcard a month to Bronwyn until she relents. :wink:
But a letter, from a group of Postcrossers, with data and a potential design could, indeed, support our cause. Canada Post needs to know that they will make money.

1 Like

Spot on @doryfera! Recipients of the ā€œFrom Far and Wideā€ series loved those cards. And Iā€™ve been getting wonderful feedback on the CP poster series prepaid cards ā€¦ but ā€¦ BUT! They are no longer on the Canada Post website. Ugh! :frowning:

@HookedonPostcards this is a bit off-topic, but I wonder if Canada Post decided that it wasnā€™t worth it monetarily to give us the postcards ā€œfor freeā€, since they were prepaid yet the same cost as an international postage stamp. I did think it was one of the best deals going (for us consumers, not for CP). And the cards were so delightfully large as well as being high-quality! Ah, now Iā€™m getting nostalgicā€¦ :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I am trying to get the message out with a video from my YouTube page

Thanks for getting this started over the years

Rob (That Dad Guy)
New Brunwick

4 Likes

There-There @doryfera ā€¦ I feel your nostalgia, share the tears. These were the best deal, for sure. Also a bit off topic ā€¦ maybe going into the money-lending business as of this week means theyā€™ve tired of just the same old, same old with stamps and postcards and such ā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Hello @rlennox, cool that you made the YouTube to educate about Postcrossing and to promote the idea of a Canada Postcrossing stamp! Do you also post on Instagram with a nod to #CanadaPost?
Feeling like we are building some momentum here. :partying_face:
Iā€™ve got a World Postcard Day card ready to mail to Bronwyn Graves suggesting it would be great to have our Canada Postcrossing stamp to celebrate WPD next next ā€¦ keeping up my own personal campaign outlining the merits of a Postcrossing stamp.
Thank you for doing this!

2 Likes

Yes I am also on Instagram as Robert Lennox. Feel free to message me there directly if you like. I hope we can get some momentum on this stamp issue. As a Canada Post mail carrier, stamp collector and postcrosser it is in my best interests lol

4 Likes

Postcard sent today to Ms Graves :crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just sent an envelope to Bronwyn Graves containing:

• a typed letter making my case for a Postcrossing stamp (since my message wouldnā€™t fit on a postcard!)
  • a WPD 2022 postcard with a more personal note ā€“ and a spot of postal-themed washi tape, and ā€œstampedā€ with a Brazil Postcrossing stamp, which I clipped off a previously received postcard. (I also added a Japanese ā€œInternational Letter-Writing Weekā€ stamp for good measure!)

I thought it might be interesting to make my business case in the letter, but also give Bronwyn a more personal handwritten postcard, so that she experiences the same happy feeling we all do when we get such a card in our mailbox.

P.S. I just wish Iā€™d photographed the written side of the card before I sealed it in the envelope. The Brazilian Postcrossing stamp was gorgeous! This is it here:

10 Likes

I send this one today:

8 Likes

Wonderful!!! A letter from outside Canada might encourage extra consideration! Thank you @RalfH !! :bouquet:

3 Likes

The letter is just a postcard, but I hope it helps!

5 Likes

I am a little bit late, but finally this card will go in the mail tomorrow.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking ā€¦ is there a way we could organize with one person leading the conversation with Canada Post? And, perhaps, it might also help to have some proposed designs to present for the conversation?
Why?
Because a clearly organized effort just might get REAL attention.
Otherwise, as much as our many letters and postcards might garner some interest, who would Ms Graves actually sit down with to discuss a plan for a Canadian Postcrossing stamps.
Realistically, we cannot expect Canada Post to know what might be a best design nor expect them to even do their homework about Postcrossing
What do others think?

1 Like

Perhaps showing the left side of your card would help others to get an idea what or how to write.

1 Like

Has anyone had a reply from Bronwyn Graves? I have not.
Iā€™m wondering if she even sees our postcards. After all, if sheā€™s a CP executive, itā€™s possible the cards are read by an admin assistant and, if weā€™re lucky, summarized in a memo. I am not sure we should assume she does receive and read them personally.
For example, it might be more effective to contact her via her Twitter account (which Iā€™m linking to here since itā€™s a public-facing corporate account rather than a private/personal one).
Anyway, just a thoughtā€¦

No reply so far. But they are an authority and might get thousands of letters, so things may take time.

No reply here.
I wonder if a coordinated effort that included a suggested design might help open up the conversation?