Help the USA get a Postcrossing Commemorative Stamp!

Well, the trouble with the global stamp is its lack of versatility. I usually combine two FC forever stamps with another 20c to make up the necessary buck-forty. OR 3 postcard stamps + 2 4c stamps.

Or you can use a postcard stamp + an extra 16c to make FC domestic letter postage.

A global PC stamp is a good thought, but I’m not sure USPS wants to print a commemorative stamp with such limited application.

1 Like

I suppose you’re right about the profitability, however, it’s not ONLY the postcrossing community that would buy the stamps. If they had a pleasing design lots of people would buy them whether they knew the origin or not. Take, for example, the Raven Story stamps released a few years ago. They sold out on the first day of sale in my town and I could not get them for several months. I was surprised by this because I didn’t know there was such a demand. I imagine many did not know the Raven story of the Native Americans. The Kwanzaa stamps sold out too, and many to people who would only later learn about the origin of the holiday. I think that the postcrossing stamp would initially be bought by postcrossers but expanded interest in the site and regular people buying the stamps would make up for that gap in profitability you’re mentioning.

1 Like

Fair point. So do we pitch a creative concept to the USPS? I think that would be more persuasive than just “we want a Postcrossing stamp”.

1 Like

I support this effort, and I’m sure the rest of the Postcrossing community would be happy to push for a US Postcrossing stamp too! :muscle: It would be brilliant for all the US postcrossers!

Could someone maybe create a topic (or tweak this one) so that the address and the appeal for everyone to send postcards to the committee is front and center, like on the Canadian topic mentioned above?

We can then spread the word about it, and hopefully send a mini-avalanche of postcards to them. I don’t think we’ll make it on the first try… but after a few campaigns and many postcards, they’ll probably take notice. Like they say around here, “soft water on hard rock will eventually poke a hole” !

(it sounds better in Portuguese :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

I am sending a postcard for world postcard day. I moved the address to the top. :slight_smile: Also, that is a great phrase.

When you guys are sending mail, what are you writing? I would love to send them a card for WPD but am stumped on what to write! (Also, I’m from the states and can send via USPS from an APO :relaxed:)

1 Like

topic title tweaked!

1 Like

There is some good news via @Postcarder !

2 Likes

Good to hear! I’m hoping that the more exposure this has on the site, the more requests it will get!

I am sending the official WPD card to them on October 1

1 Like

I will them a postcard too!

I prefer a postcard stamp to combine with other stamps for international postage.

1 Like

Hi Tanya,

Would you mind sharing what you wrote on your postcard? A couple of people have asked for advice on what to write, and I think it would be nice to get an example to help people come up with something to say.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Here is my postcard:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Does anyone know how many countries have issued postcrossing stamps?

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks so much! Looks like it needs the 2022 stamps, but very helpful!

2 Likes

Sending them a postcard from Finland!

5 Likes

FYI, there is another thread (new) that is calling for date to send postcards to the Citizens Stamp Advisory Board -

2 Likes

How about if we send them pictures of all the damaged cards going through the USPS shredder - (cancellation machine) maybe a Post Crossing stamp could be a consolation prize.