Help me, pls - Can I have a whishlist in my profile?

Hello everyone! who can tell, in the rules of postcrossing there is a punk that in the “about me” section you can not write about what you want or do not want to receive, but many have a wishlist . tell me, is there a special line for this, or did I understand something wrong?

2 Likes

As long as it’s written like wishes and not like demands, this is a grey area. The most important thing is that no matter what, all you are obliged to is sending a postcard.
But yes, I try to find cards and stamps that match a profile …

1 Like

Thank you))))

A lot of members like to get an idea of your interests or things that will make you especially happy, so a list of the kind of cards you especially like is okay! I ended up adding a section that phrased it as ideas for stuff that would be especially interesting to me. But in the end, you can send any kind of card you want, and other users will do the same when sending to you. :smiley:

7 Likes

The official wording is:

“Please use your profile to write about yourself. Making demands about what you want or don’t want to receive is not allowed by the Community Guidelines and may put your account at risk.”

If you are looking for the “gray” area in this, you probably should reconsider what you are doing

You should look upon the likes as “preferences.” This list of don’t likes…it would be courteous not to send people they don’t like.

1 Like

Maybe some see this as grey area:

"If you mention which postcards you like in your profile, keep in mind that others are not obliged to send you a postcard that matches your preferences. "

But for me it’s, clear: I am allowed to mention what cards I like. If I mention that, no one has to send me those, of course. But it helps people who own many kinds of postcards.

8 Likes

Thank you)