Have picky people not registered your postcard?

The good thing :+1:

I have received once a Postcrossing notification that my postcard ID was missing or illegible, but a thing is, nobody has registered a postcard afterwards :slightly_frowning_face:
I’m not sure if the person did not understand that they have to do it or what, but I have already send several postcards to far-away countries, where people have a completely empty profile and have sent and received several cards, but have not been online for a month or so…
So I’m wondering, even if they have received it, perhaps they have not bothered…

Is it long ago?
I believe they forgot. Why would someone bother asking for help to figure out the id, and then not register. Maybe you can contact the team and tell, the card isn’t registered yet?

Well, both the Chinese card and to the UAE (travelling 73 and 60 days) have expired.
But I do not know who has requested the ID.
Yes, I have sent them (the Postcrossing team) an inquiry, but they gave me just a formal reply.

I’m wondering if I should perhaps contact those people and ask them if they have got my card. Besides, the person in China has an empty profile and logged in 17 days ago. One more travelling card that I have doubts has been travelling to Taiwan for 41 days, and the person was also last seen 1 month ago (with completely empty profile). So I’m not sure…

Not sure if it helps the OP, but there is a similar discussion here: Not registering cards as "punishment" method?

I think it’s wrong to assume that a person has not registered your card out of spite. Maybe it’s just that the postcard has not reached its destination yet. A perfect example of this is the other day I received a postcard that was sent from only 700 miles away yet took over 200 days to get to me. Patience is truly a virtue.

4 Likes

I think it’s very dangerous that some people do not register a card by its arrival. It’s literarily impossible to satisfy everyone, especially some picky folks. Receivers have the right not to click “favorite”, but it’s their obligation to register any card coming into their mailbox.

(There are some reasons that someone fails to register a card on time, but they do need to register it when they have time.)

5 Likes

Delete

1 Like

Delete

I’m glad they don’t! It protects us from people who’d draw many addresses and didn’t sent them out. Or who picked out the people they’d want to send to and ignore the rest. Or from people stealing addresses and selling them. :smiley:

8 Likes

Delete

1 Like

You’re stepping up the postcard game real fast! :heart_eyes: :postcard:

It never happened to me (luckily, I guess)! It sounds horrible! I wonder how can people be so rude!