Have a yarn

My local still has a lot, but it seems as though they’re not making too many new designs as of now which is a real shame :frowning: I actually had one of the staff bring out a whole box (!!) the other night, I just casually asked what designs, but they were all that photo style of prepaid cards that they have on the website. I still buy and send them off because they’re cheaper, but it would be nice if they did other styles :frowning:

1 Like

You might be right, aside from Aussie animals it seems the range is less extensive than it used to be. I thought the prepaid from the recent eclipse release was so gorgeous and I bought a handful straight away (and already sent them all :sweat_smile:). But I’m glad I got some when I did because it has already disappeared from the website, even though the maxis and stamps are still available. I hope this doesn’t become a regular occurrence for new designs.

1 Like

The maxicards for the Solar Eclipse are currently out of stock. I noticed when I was browsing the site yesterday. I was surprised, I didn’t think they’d be so popular! And I’m not sure if they’ll get any more.

It’s not just us Postcrossers who are being dudded by Aus Post.
Recently I spent a weekend in Sydney and I bought three domestic postcards at Circular Quay and send them to friends. The first arrived in Griffith TWO WEEKS after putting them in the Big Red Box. The two to Perth still have not been delivered.

3 Likes

I wonder what prompts them to remove an item from the website completely, rather than list it as out of stock?

1 Like

I wonder the same thing!

I’ve never seen maxicards re-stocked in the two years I’ve been looking, I don’t think…except maybe in the case of Philips ‘In Memoriam’…I think they added more of those. Or maybe they just found a random box somewhere.

Maybe they wait and POs return excess stock which they can then sell online. I really don’t know.

Well I think its pretty poor form if they don’t print some more as the withdrawal date is not until Oct 31. They should print enough to have some in stock until close to that date. People order from overseas as well. I ordered 2 of the postcards of the purple one to see if I liked them before I bought more and within days they were gone from the website never to be seen again.
The only good thing is A Post does release a steady stream of cards I like so I just order something else.

3 Likes

“Hmmm, maybe it’s time we did something about that pile of undelivered parcels in the corner over there… Oh hey, look, it’s more maxicards!”

I kinda could see it happening… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Siiigh… as excited as I am to get them all, I have a giant list of swaps/letters/etc and none of them have reached me yet. Auspost, hurry up please? :frowning: It’s silly to complain but I’ve posted so much lately, I want to see things in my letterbox!

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for a bulging letterbox soon Blaze!!

Did anyone else go pickup some of the new release today?

I like the bright colours of these stamps and cards. I know the stamps are not terribly useful for us as postage, but the maxi is pretty and I’m hoping some sports lovers will enjoy it.

2 Likes

Complaining worked, I received two of my incomings today!! Woohooo!!

I’ll be honest, the sports ones don’t tend to grab my eyes at all ^^; But, I might pick up some new releases soon - is the stamp bulletin the best way to see sheets and things like this, or are there other ways to do so? :smiley:

1 Like

The stamp bulletin details whether there are maxicards, minisheets, sheetlet packs, etc etc with the release, so yeah, I think it’s the easiest to look at. And you can have it as a pdf on your phone ready to show the staff what you want…when you rock up at the post office on release day and they have no idea what you’re asking for…it might happen fairly often :grimacing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

PS. So glad you got some deliveries!

How often does it release out of curiosity? Nothing in this one really grabs at me, although I’m sure the overseas swaps I do will like getting the new native animal international stamps :open_mouth:

1 Like

It comes out every two months.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you! I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next one :smiley:

1 Like

I love waiting for it to come out! :yum:
Can’t wait to see the queen in the next edition.

1 Like

I think I bought the last travel poster maxicards :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I hit add to cart, and it immediately greyed out to say out of stock!

So now we have the eclipses, racing cars and travel posters all out of stock :grimacing:

2 Likes

People seem to really like UNESCO postcards, is there a way to get postcards for the sites we have here in Aus? Apparently both the Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef are UNESCO :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Personally the only ones I know of to buy online are these Fraser Island postcards: Fraser Island Postcards by Banksia Images :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If there is, I don’t know about it…other than a road trip! I have several of the opera house Aus Post prepaid cards, and I keep an eye out for the relevant older Maxicards that cover various UNESCO sites. It’s such a shame that last year’s Aerial Views maxicard set (which is still available online) cost so much ($17.10) because I love this Barrier Reefcard in that set!

1 Like