Hard to Please?

I guess they are trying NICELY to tell people to write a message, not ordering strictly. If you want it to be an order to write a message, you can suggest that to the admins.

2 Likes

Do you mean the text I shared? It says: please, also include a message… Doesn’t it mean: please, write a message to the receiver?

1 Like

No no no, I don’t have a desired interpretation, but a need for an official one.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “official”? My quotes are from the official site. It is said there that you should write a message too, not only an ID number.

1 Like

Yes, yes. I mean, that’s how I read it. Like you said it’s not strictly ordering, but politely asking to write something other than address/id as an important part of sending a postcard in this project🤔 So although is not an order per se, it is a condition.

This is my perspective on that text, of course. Thanks for sharing it, I haven’t remembered where I saw that first. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You know, ‘violation’ is a rather serious term, which we may not be eligible to apply. Since PC guidelines clearly rule something as violation, so I wonder the status of this one.

It’s in the community guidelines ( and answers in F.A.Q)

1 Like

If you want an official answer/opinion, you might get it easier by tagging @paulo or @meiadeleite to your question.

1 Like

I agree, but I assume they’re quite busy now with other bigger issues……

Definitely agree and that is why I recommended tagging them. Otherwise there won’t be official answer that you needed but just users giving their opinions. But hopefully you will get the needed answer soon.:+1:

2 Likes

:handshake::handshake::handshake:

1 Like

Thank you Shalottslady for your kind help. I appreciate your concern.

I actually do make my own postcards (I get them professionally printed) but that brings up the question of ‘are they real postcards or the hated homemade?’…LOL. I have purchased cards online but I can’t say I like most of them so that colours my view. I like to showcase my beautiful province as well.
:slight_smile: Joyce

3 Likes

Hi, Folks,

I have sent 235 cards, and I am becoming most unhappy with Postcrossers who have a demanding attitude toward cards to receive. Some say things like, I want only this kind of cards, and some have long lists of collections they want fulfilled. Some even ask us to peruse their collections before picking a card.

I’ve decided that when I meet a blurb that is really demanding, I am going to send one of my least-liked postcards to them. It won’t be a damaged card or an ad card, but simply a postcard I don’t really like.

Maybe, if lots of us do that, they will get the idea that their mass of requests is not working.

What do you think?

Helen

13 Likes

I don’t think that will have much effect Helen.

What I’d suggest you might think about instead is - what card would you like to see up on your sent wall?

Whenever I get a profile without much info or with demands I can’t meet, then I just suit myself & pick a card I love because I know it’s going to show up on my sent wall. It makes me happy & that’s all I can control right?

Those demanding profiles are annoying but there’s not much I can do to change their perspective, but I can change how I approach the process - what will delight me instead?

34 Likes

Thank you @LC-Canada for your comment.

That hadn’t occurred to me, that I will be hurting myself in the process of trying to hurt them.

Good idea–I shouldn’t lower myself to their level, after all!

Helen

9 Likes

Sometimes people who have demanding list delete cards that they dont like, but yes i would pick something that will look good on my wall. i often look cards that the person send, if they send beautiful cards then i would like to send them also something nice…

4 Likes

Just today I drew an address of someone with very specific wishes and a long “don’t send” list… I admit it gave me a pang of frustration. :roll_eyes:

But I also think that “punishing” demanding profiles with not matching cards is bad for my Postcrossing karma - that’s why I chose a card I like. :relieved:

Luckily these profiles aren’t the majority!

12 Likes

I did this at the beginning, but now won’t go through a wall with 3.000 recieved cards because someone “doesn’t want to recieve doubles”. If they provide a collection album, I’ll check it before I choose a card, but I won’t stress about it anymore. It’s important to do this hobby how I like it. :wink:

8 Likes

I don’t look at the process of sending someone whose profile I found unpleasant as a punishment. But I wont send my favourite card, I send those to the ones I feel connecting with or who I found much nicer and open in their profile.

I then choose a card based on what they have sent (if I don’t have an easy wish accessable) but I mostly choose a card I think won’t be missed.
The kind of card I won’t end up thinking “damn, why did I send it, it would be perfect for this (new) address!”. Not necessarily an ugly card or a card I dislike, but maybe a simple themed card I have multiple of.

3 Likes

I have no problem with “demanding” profiles. And a long wish list gives me more confidence that the card I choose will please the recipient.
I usually look through the lists of favorites and received from my country, but only if they are not too long.
Antiwish doesn’t bother either. And in any case, I would never “punish” someone by sending him/her an ugly postcard.
Just remember that you don’t have to comply all the requirements, and you will no more have the reason to be angry :wink:

10 Likes