Happy Hour meetup in Oslo, Norway Wednesday March 22nd, 2023 at 5pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Posthallen, Tollbugata 13
:calendar: DATE: March 22nd, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Having a drink or two, signing postcards, chatting about Postcrossing and other things

We are on a roll … !! and trying another new venue for our March meetup. Posthallen is a food court-style place in the center of Oslo, but for drinking, not eating. They call it a “Drinkhub”. Basically we’ll find a table, order and pay via their website using a QR code, and then we get an sms letting us know when our drinks are ready. We can sit anywhere and order from any of the 9 different bars/pubs in the venue. Some focus on wine, some on beer, others on drinks and cocktails of various types (e.g. there’s one that only has various gin-based drinks, and another only akevitt). So something for every taste! Non-alcoholic drinks are also available, and also some bar foods/snacks. But AFAIK not any actual meals, so it’s probably a good idea to have a sandwich or something before the meetup :smile: It looks like there’s a place that serves Mexican food in addition to drinks, I’m not entirely sure about that - hopefully I will be able to find out about this before the meetup, if so I will edit the info here.

Please note that “happy hour” is just a phrase, I’m not promising any discount drinks :laughing:

Bring postcards to write, sign or show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If you’re planning to attend, it’s great if you can let us know in this thread.

@KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

Hope to see many of you there! :smile:

There will be no particular meetup card for this meetup.

1 Like

Will be there, will bring Rundstykket and will promote away :wink:

Hei kjære postcrossere! Vi har minicruise til Oslo og er tilbake 29.03. fra kl 10-14 i Oslo… om noen vil møte oss! Ville satt pris på… Herkules / Manni007 / mella68 / Angel84 / Ich_bin_Berliner / LiveLaughLoveLeafs

1 Like

Hello Herkules! It’s not about whether we want to meet you - I’m sure we all do. The problem is that it’s in the middle of the day on a weekday. The 29th is a Wednesday and I will be at work from 8am to 4pm. I think this is the case for most, if not all of the local Postcrossers that I am familiar with. If it had been on a weekend the situation would be very different.

1 Like

As @LeishaCamden said, we would’ve liked to meet you all, but I (and others) can’t make it in the middle of a workday. Let us know if you ever come back on a weekend or want to do a (semi-)weekend mini cruise like the one planned for 2020! We were going to join you for that one until Covid stopped us.

2 Likes

@LeishaCamden @KAS
Thank you for your Mail! Best wishes and Happy Postcrossing!
Heiko from Freiburg!

1 Like

It turns out Rundstykket will be working from home tomorrow, so he’s not coming after all. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I will be there, though. See you tomorrow!

Hey, you should tell Rundstykket that I was looking forward to a happy hour with him. He should draw at least one address and get a card signed. (Did he know that I got 40 postcards to be signed tomorrow? :smiley: ).

1 Like

Oh no, that’s too bad. I was looking forward to seeing him - I even had a birthday present for him … ! :smile: He’ll just have to wait till our Värmland weekend to get that then. See you in a few hours!