Hanukkah Stamps

So I’m just curious given the geopolitical state of the world… if someone does not specifically state in their profile that they are Jewish, would you feel comfortable using these? I thought they were fantastic when I saw them. A friend I share my postcrossing adventures with, she advised I be careful sending to strangers… just looking for more thoughts.

12 Likes

I use them during this time of year on my postcards - I try to do that with a variety of faith holiday stamps including Diwali & Eid as well. I think it’s fine to use them as widely as possible. Faith stamps are about a variety of faiths, not countries.

5 Likes

I am Jewish and I’d love to get such a stamp on a postcard. That’s a pity your country doesn’t send mail to mine.
I would also be happy to receive postcards and stamps about other cultures’ holidays.

4 Likes

Stamp’s main purpose is as a payment for the service of mailing. I don’t see why you, or anyone should be uncomfortable with using it regardless of the geopolitical state of the world :relieved:

1 Like

Hello
The stamp was produced this year 2023
The word ,HANUKKAH, Holidays/festive days for the Jews

Date 12/07/2023 - 12/15/2023

On eBay they cost five to ten euros in Europe
If it is sent to Canada wild plant is double package fee

You get it, I wanted to make you happy.

I’ve mistyped

The person who sent it to you wanted to make you happy.

Personally, I am not religious, but I think those are beautiful stamps! I wouldn’t worry too much about using them. As long as you aren’t trying to directly rally people to join a certain faith via postcrossing, I think it is appropriate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As long as somebody doesn’t specifically mention they DON’T want religious themes, I’d totally use them. I’m an atheist, but I’m interested in all sorts of holidays and festivities, so I’d love a stamp like that.

3 Likes

I am not Jewish, but would love them. I used stamps with Angels and a bible citation, even for postcrossers probably not of Christian faith…

Yes. I am Christian but would love to receive Hanukkah, Diwali or Eid stamps. As well as Pride and Black History month stamps etc. The world is a mix of people and we should embrace our differences rather than try and make everyone the same. With regards to wars and conflicts, countries and governments do that and most individual people just want to get on with their lives and live in peace.
Alex

5 Likes

As many other people I’d absolutely love to recieve those stamps.
I could understand hesitating if the stamps would show war images or something related, but I find it very hard to imagine why someone would not like to recieve stamps about Hanukkah (maybe if they strictly speak out against reciving anything religous).

1 Like

This is postcrossing for postcrossers and anyone has the right to use whatever stamp they have ,if we check for whether they like this stamp or that stamp then it is difficult to send postcards. It’s up to the end user whether to keep the stamp or peel of the stamp.

1 Like

This is not the place for discrimination against any religion, we are all one here and a particular person does not like does not mean we have to stop sending what we like…

1 Like

Hello,

Earlier, someone in the forum asked me about a postage stamp they owned. I provided them with some information about it. It is important to me that I do not hurt anyone’s feelings and that I respect every belief system. If I have accidentally done so, I would like to apologize now. We are all only human and make mistakes. However, I would prefer if you could give me feedback on any questions so that I can improve.

Thank you very much!

Matt: This is typically a part of the greeting we send out this time of year:

Whether you celebrate Christmas or Festivus, Solstice or Saturnalia, the arrival of Sinterklaas or Grandfather Frost, Hanukkah, Yalda, Pancha Ganapati, Bodhi Day, Kwanzaa or something entirely personal, from our house to yours, we wish you a Safe and Happy Holiday season! May 2024 find you safe, healthy and surrounded by Love. :heartpulse:

1 Like

This year’s Hanukkah stamp is really pretty! I’m not hesitating to use mine on postcards and cards alongside the Christmas, Eid and Diwali stamps.

2 Likes

I use diverse faith stamps like Diwali & Eid on my postcards, celebrating various beliefs openly and inclusively.

3 Likes

This sheet is a favorite of mine. I use it all year long, and will soon be ordering more fearing it’ll be discontinued soon!

3 Likes