Gone Too Soon: Stamps We Miss 😭

I had no idea these existed and I have the Disney Villain Postcard Box these would be awesome with.

14 Likes

Good grief!

1 Like

Those disney villains stamps are now online and avaliable through stamp dealers at twice the price and beyond mark up.

1 Like

Answering the post, I was certainly born way too late for this one ( 1929 ) If it were still available I’d have cleared the Post Office out long long ago, it’s also my favourite GB stamp and probably the most iconic British postage stamp design outside the Penny Black. £1 was a lot of money at the time, hence this is now a very valuable stamp in fresh condition. It may be old but it’s a cracker.

7 Likes

Daaaaamn. :heart_eyes: Any idea how much one would have to spend to acquire one? (Or how many children/limbs one would have to sacrifice?)

Old Belarusian stamps I wish I could use these days

OE5dk8sG2vNLL3Pf

rRcW0V5KbX1wHfj95Ati4g8rONTSQSMpNU1

13 Likes

Ahh, I would have loved the Adam Mickiewicz stamp :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I know right? :sob:

1 Like

Why does the USPS destroy these? They could still sell them.! There are many stamps From the past I would love to have but I am not willing to pay the exorbitant prices people want for them, now that I have an interest in them., I am buying more to put aside. In the future if I need to, I can sell them but it will not be for a ridiculous profit!

1 Like

You don’t have to sacrifice any limbs you just need deep pockets, a good fine used ( Well delineated Postmark ) or a Mounted mint copy that is with the hinge or remnant again in fine condition around £300 to £400. If you want a fine unmounted mint other things come into consideration especially the centering of the design within the frame and the overall freshness of the stamp and whether it has any selvedge attached, expect to pay up to around £600. These are of course individual stamps not on cover or piece ( part of the envelope or parcel ). For this stamp fine on cover expect to pay £1500 upwards. My own opinions! You could buy a good facsimile on a popular auction site for around £6. No, I don’t have any spares regrettably, Best Wishes, D

1 Like

@valdavid

Happy to send you a few oh beautiful stamps on a postcard if you like. Just send me a PM :grin:

I never got to buy this one, which is weird. Three stamps released on the same day, each with the same amount available, yet the one with the most commonly used denomination is the only left.

6 Likes

And I miss Bats from 2006, haven’t them :disappointed: :bat:

and Birds definitive were much better than today’s Vegetables :laughing:

19 Likes

The bats! :heartbeat::sob::heartbeat: Well, now I miss them, too!

1 Like

they have an ebay store too

You can get stamps off of amazon.com they have old stamps from 2010 onwards but it is usa stamps unless you have access to a different amazing.com from you local country🤔

@Izzy2018 @princeofasturias Recently I read a discussion about forged USA Forever stamps sold on eBay - I didn’t know that it’s such a problem!

@aerobear wrote this:

There also was a topic about stamps with a lot of discount, but I don’t find it. One member who is an experienced stamp collector wrote that offers with more than10% discount are suspicious.

In Germany we have the problem that they sell stamps “without gumming” as valid stamps on eBay - well, they’re not valid. They have been used but not stamped by the sorting machines, peeled off the mail, and sold to buyers who don’t know (or don’t care) that it’s not allowed to use stamps twice…

So it’s better not to order stamps on eBay. :wink:

1 Like

I miss this stamp from 2017:

It’s an Ottifant, a character invented by the German comedian Otto Waalkes.

The sticker version is still available at collectors’ shops, but the “real” stamps seem gone… I’d pay the double price for a sheet, but not more. :wink:

13 Likes

Hi @Andrearusso1980, could you please change your message to English? Our own language is reserved for the Language & geographical section of the forum; in all other categories we have to use English. :wink:

I just made a great discovery. Given that the US Heritage Breeds stamps were out of stock online, I called the number in the philatelic catalog (1-844-737-7826). They confirmed they were, in fact, out of stock - surprising given a May 2021 release… HOWEVER, they asked for my zip, and gave me three local post offices (including one rather close to my house that I’d never been to) and the number of sheets in stock, in this case three locations with 100+ sheets in stock as of yesterday! So, at least for US folks, if you can’t find your favorite stamps through usps.com, call them before you pay more than they’re worth on the secondary market.

9 Likes