Giving in and selling off

Stocking up as we speak!

1 Like

But what’s to stop someone from buying coded stamps and reselling them unused online?

1 Like

There’s a reputable stamp company in this country called Philatelink, and if I remember what I read on their website correctly, that is what they anticipate happening. Though, how they’ll be able to sell at a discount (at least initially), I don’t understand.

1 Like

I’ve just looked again, and this is what they say:

" Over time we will be swapping 100,000’s of stamps for the new barcoded stamps. This really is a WIN WIN situation for everyone. Gradually we will build up good stocks of the new barcoded stamps as the old stamps are swapped for the new barcoded stamps."

1 Like

I always buy new stamps at a discount on eBay. I’m in Canada but it’s the same idea. I assume the sellers buy them in bulk for a slightly cheaper price or just want to offload extra product.

1 Like

Very sorry to see you go! You’ve been a welcome presence on the forums. Also, the Kit-Kat supply ships finally came in, and I have a whole bunch ready to send you. :smiley:

1 Like

Sad to hear you’re leaving … About the selling, have you announced at the “language & geographical” part of the forum (British islands) people from your region may be interested to buy/swap for cards as it’s not easy to find cards everywhere.
Best of luck!
(And maybe keep some cards and only disable your account, who knows if in some months time you don’t get the postcrossing bug again?! :wink:)

2 Likes

FYI:
It is not allowed to sell cards or other things in the forum.

1 Like

Hi thanks, I didn’t think it was, and would have checked before doing so. Danke.

1 Like

US postage is going up AGAIN July 1st. So frustrating! At least, since 2007, we have “forever” stamps. As long as it says “forever” on the stamp, it will be good no matter the increase. Ed, I hope you stay active - maybe send just a couple a month. But, if you still want to sell off your postcards, I recommend ebay or etsy (if you have etsy in the UK). I’ve happily purchased unused postcards from both places. Good luck!

1 Like

I agree eith that.

1 Like

Hi all, just a quick update, as done better than I expected with selling off the spare postcards I had, and really had a good sort out over the last few weeks. I shall be staying so watch out for a lottery or 99… lol…

I’m going to limit my sending official to just one a month, as I do like to post a postcard…

All the best and thanks all…

11 Likes

I bet you could give some to local schools for teachers to use in their lesson plans (history, monarchy etc)

1 Like

Hey, you should check out dezittere nv in tielt winge.
They have a webshop where you can buy unused old stamps. ‘Frankeerzegels’ in their menu.
They now have a mix of euro and frankzegels for 74euro but you’ll get 180euro worth of stamps.
I just ordered new stamps when i found this site.

2 Likes