General Meetup Discussions

You can also check the meetup calendar on the main page.
There is a drop-down menu above the map that allows you to select Germany specifically.

1 Like

Thanj you, but is is not a sorted list by date and also 2021 2020 is not evolved. Why? Or how to …?
Beate

meetup calendar

This list is sorted by date and at the bottom in the archive you find past MeetUps.
If you click on the links in the list, you will be directed to the corresponding topic in the forum.

Also if I use TOP selection, there is a mixture of dates . NonArchive link is seen at the bottom. Or elsewhere on that page.

I don’t understand your problem.
Everything is visible on that page that I linked for you.
Please have look there - it seems that you only used the link that JetteLise posted.

click

A couple questions, please.

1. Is there a repository of PC Meetup Postcard images?

2. Has anyone done a stamp collage for a meetup pc?

I’m sorting out details on a proposed meetup and would prefer to not duplicate someone elses idea.

Thank you.

I have seen stamp collages on several meetup postcards, we had one in 2018 for our local meetup. No reason to not try your take on the theme I think

1 Like

Don’t believe there is a repository of meetup cards anywhere on line, other than in people’s personal collections.

I’ve made two like that:

I agree with Marora, I’d say have go at it!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. This is an example of what I’ve made in the past - DIY postcards.

1 Like

Hi everyone :hugs:
Why are some meetups in the meetupcalendar marked with a yellow star?

1 Like

If you click on it with the mouse pointer (on the PC) or with your finger (mobile), you can see the explanation.

1 Like

I’m preparing a meetup in Portland, Oregon at an empty event space l with tables and chairs.

1. Is mentioning donations acceptable (for the venue rental)?

2. How long do most meetups go, without food? I would like to book an appropriate amount of time.

3. Are there any last minute communication needs that can’t be met via Postcrossing messaging? Should I offer my email to potential attendees?

Thank you.

1 Like

1 - this is definitely acceptable. We’ve had meet ups in community rooms in libraries, where there is a very low booking fee, and everyone paid a couple of dollars each to cover the cost. Just be upfront about this, so everyone knows.

2 - we generally have two hours for our meet ups, and have them in a place where people could bring some food if they wanted, although most don’t.

3 - I don’t usually do this, but would for anyone who was anxious about the plan (probably phone number for text messages is easier). When I post a meet up notice, I always say “be sure to check here on the day, in case of last minute changes”. It hasn’t been an issue so far.

2 Likes

Thank you for your insight!

Looking for recommendations on where to order cheap postcards. Just looked at Vistaprint and they were $75 for 500 and then $125 MORE if I wanted something on the back (partition lines typical to postcards). Eek!

1 Like

I used GotPrint.com a few years ago and found them quite reasonable, I think it was something like $.02 per card. I print the lines on the back with my printer at home. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Where do I post a proposed meetup?

1 Like

How do you filter the acitve people in your region?

How would you find people in your region who are active?

@0308CHINA
Here is not the right place for your offer.
Please use #trades-requests-offers for it.