General Meetup Discussions

If you posted in #meetups:usa the thread should appear right away when you posted it.
it will be manually added to the meetup list on the main page though, after the thread has been checked and all relevant information is listed.

I did post it in the US thread. It’s on Oct. 15th. It looks like this on my screen and I can’t tell if it’s visible to others.

I do see it. I might have overlooked it earlier today.
Is probably grey because you’ve read the thread.

1 Like

Correct

Every meeting is checked for complete information and then is added to the Postcrossing calendar by me.

I do this as often as my time allows.

Your meeting is now on the Postcrossing calendar. Have a great meeting.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

1 Like

Who should pay for the cost(like the postcards printing fee) if I arrange a meet-up? should the participant share the cost or i should pay for the total cost?

Here in Norway, its common to share the cost of printing postcards. We divide the cost of printing on the number of ordered postcards. Then we pay according to the number of cards we want. But as mentioned above, some other hosts bear the cost of printing themselves. I think it’s most fair to share the cost of the cards and other activities which cost money.

1 Like

For German meetups it’s most common to do it as @Norway_girl described it.

The designer(s) of the card(s) shows it and tells the cost per card. Everyone may order the wished amount. Then it gets printed according to the total. Most often people pay beforehand + shipping costs to them, as they want to get the card before the meetup to prepare everything.

Thanks

Thank you

I am unable to edit my main post for our meetup in October, so I put the full information down in the comments. Is there anyone who is able to edit my original post, and add the meetup information from my comment into it? With this being asked, how often are posts reviewed to be added into the meetup list? I think since I can’t edit the original post and had to put the information for the meetup in the comments its being overlooked? Sorry for so many questions! :hugs:

Hi @snailmailkait
Please post the link to the Meetup here and I will do it for you.

If you or another person will have this problem too in the future, please flag the post, choose “something else” and ask for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Because you are a basic member/TL1 you can edit your posts only for a short time. When you become a member/TL2 you can edit them up to 30 days.
Read here about the trust levels :arrow_right: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

2 Likes

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/postcrossing-meetup-in-denver-co/415693

Thank you so much! You guys are awesome! :heart:

1 Like

Can you please look if everything is correct.
After that I delete your post in the middle of the Topic.

It looks great, thank you!

1 Like

I may have a question and I can’t figure out if it is allowed or not.

Usually, I have a friend that is making my meeting postcards. It is not a pictur, it’s a drawing most of the time where a lot of time was put into it.

If I use the Postcrossing logo I of course put the trademark info on the back of the postcard. But my question was, can I also add her name on it as Art by name. It’s not to promote her, it’s just that after all the work she puts in, I want to give her a bit of credit and that the art is hers.
Example down below

So the question is, is it allowed to name her if the logo is used or not?

2 Likes

I’m not giving an official answer, but I can’t imagine why this would be a problem.

You are giving credit to all artwork on the card. As long as it’s clear what each credit relates to (that you are not saying she also drew the logo), this should be fine.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cancelled! 1 Oct 2022 World Postcard Day & Cat Card Swap in Indiana - close to Chicago, IL

Clarification Please:

We officially registered in the Meet-up page to conduct the 1 Oct WPD meet-up in Chennai, India.
And also design our own meet-up card. But somebody were not register and design the meet-up card for the same event with the POSTCROSSING LOGO. Is it allow them to do like that?

Hello everyone,

I’m trying for a new meetup in Copenhagen, but because there are so few Danish postcrossers, the chances of the few actives ones checking the forum are pretty low (I made a post a few days ago, one person has answered, a Norwegian).

Does anyone know of a good way to reach out to postcrossers by geography? I can of course check the top 10 postcrossers for Denmark, but only one (active) lives in the region surrounding Copenhagen, and I’ve already written to them.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:,
Vilhelm

1 Like