Forum message limits

I believe you are talking about private messages on Postcrossing’s main website, correct? The discussion on this topic however is about limits on messages exchanged between members within the forum (which is a different message system).

For the main website, it is indeed in proportion to your sent postcards. If you have sent 172, the limit should be around 7 or 8 messages a day (reseting at midnight UTC).

For coordinating exchanges, you might find it easier to organize them here on the forum as the limits of messages per day are higher.

3 Likes

I have this problem and currently can’t reply to a direct message because it says that I’ve reached the message limit. Could you assist me with this, please? Many thanks! Also, I’ve sent nowhere near 30 messages today but still it seems like I can’t send more/reply to the current messages I’ve got?

Sorry, only found your message now.

I think you are probably talking about messages on the main website? This topic was about limits on forum messages. On the main website, the counting of messages is reset once a day, so if you wait (at most) 24h, you should have a new allowance again.

Replies don’t seem to count when they are replies to a message thread from a Forum topic. I didn’t get stopped with any such replies after I hit the limit.

But if you send a message to an individual Postcrosser via their profile (which you have to do if they have not participated in any Forum topic), they have to write you back via a different message, and if you want to respond to that, you have to again start a new message, and that is blocked once you hit your limit.

Today I think I sent separate messages via their profiles to about 8 people, and one got back to me and then I needed to respond to him. That one went through. But then a second person (who I had messaged through her profile) responded to my query and when I tried to reply to her, it was blocked. So that seemed to be about 10 messages I sent out before getting blocked - not 30! :disappointed:

1 Like

Did you see this message from Paulo earlier in the thread?

If you’re sending messages through the main site, there’s a daily limit based on the total # of sent postcards you’ve done

1 Like

Thanks, Lynn. That makes more sense. Because I think I only sent maybe 5-6 when it shut me down, far less than the 30 of the other limit they were speaking of.

1 Like