For newbies to know

did you know you Can also edited rename your message so you don’t have to keep asking for address over and over.

If you hit one of your message You see the pencil beside the message. :pencil2:if it’s YOUR message

(RE: …:pencil2:)

See how it changed…

It easier to find user address

6 Likes

@aerobear
@AprilSun66
Tag someone you know…

People may change their address. At least send them message to confirm they still use the same address.

6 Likes

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2022/0406-usps-new-prices-for-2022.htm

I understand that but if you hit bump ever time you tag someone you already tag it will show their address and message and they can tell you different

But can’t the other person see that you changed the title of the topic? They might have trouble to find the message now because the title is different, especially if it’s a different language or something like that. :thinking:

1 Like

That’s why I label the message when I first write to the people when I start the message and I can’t change yours or anyone else titles just mine and I usually just write
(@DWMcG address)

To me, this is much more confusing and also as others have mentioned, people’s addresses can change frequently. I always want to verify address even if I’ve sent people things before so this would not work for me.

2 Likes

I see, that makes sense and is a good tip. I’m a different trust level and we Regulars can change titles everywhere, not just our own. :wink:

1 Like

I keep addresses in a notebook, cross-referenced alphabetically with “serial number” as I get them in Excel. So, I can see if I have PeteX456? (Yes, go to notebook entry 34.) From now on, I’ll add “unless moved recently” to my tag post.

1 Like

I just noticed that while Regulars can change titles almost everywhere in the forum, they cannot do so in private messages that were started by someone else! My point is moot in any case. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes