Flood the Freepost!

So are you fed up of all the recent Royal Mail price rises, then why not say so and complain…

Just write to: Freepost Royal Mail Customer Services

I’m sending a postcard a day for the whole of April, if you want to join in then please do…

16 Likes

What will you be writing on the cards?
Regards Andi

4 Likes

Great idea

2 Likes

Various things, from stop stamp price increase to £2.50! I might as well take up smoking (I don’t currently) Basically just anything to draw attention to the recent spree of stamp price increases…

All the best

2 Likes

Will you be putting a return address ?

1 Like

Not to begin with, at then end of April, I shall write and say I recently sent a postcard a day last month to “Flood the Freepost” and say no to any more stamp price increases this year, or till at least the end of this decade…

All the best

2 Likes

I’ve sent two already

2 Likes

Cushty… I’m waiting till April when the price goes up, plus I’m off to Indonesia for a few days next week, so can hardly send any from there… lol…

2 Likes

I’ll send some when I can lol enjoy your trip to Indonesia

2 Likes

I think Dinah of HLAS is also sending some postcards to the RM freepost!

6 Likes

I am sending a card in the morning.

1 Like

I’ve sent two so far, having seen Dinah’s posts on letterapsoc Instagram

3 Likes

I’m sending one this weekend - is anyone adding a return address?

2 Likes

I’m just wondering how many active postcrosser’s that there are in the United Kingdom, it’d be nice to know so that when I write to RM regarding the April Price Increase I could throw a figure at them.

1 Like

According to the search page:

• 58 users from Northern Ireland have logged in within the last year
  • 380 users from Scotland have logged in within the last year
  • 173 users from Wales have logged in within the last year
  • 3232 users from England have logged in within the last year (this was a pain to work out!)

That’s a total of 3843 ‘active’ users in the UK.

Perhaps more relevant to Royal Mail is how many pieces of mail they send though…

12 Likes

Many thanks for the info Rob, I don’t know how many items that most send but I know that I sent 32 in February and so far this month I
have sent 10.

Regards Andi

3 Likes

The last official card I drew a few days ago was GB-1738327 - so that’s over 1.73 million cards that Royal Mail have been paid to deliver just by UK Postcrossers.

While that’s over the 18 years that Postcrossing has existed, I’m sure there are a lot more being delivered per year now than when Postcrossing first started!

4 Likes

Following on from this @Yorkshire_Lad, I checked the ID of my first card sent in 2023 and in 2024
They are 113089 digits apart, suggesting that UK postcrossers sent over 100,000 cards last year.

(That being said, I sometimes feel that Royal Mail deliver that many bits of junk mail to my house each year, so we are still probably very low level users)

4 Likes

Plus the none officials, I send far more of those x

3 Likes

So do I!