Feedback on profile texts

@SailingBy I have change a little bit in the first post. Is it now easier to understand, how this topic works?
Thanks for making me aware of the unclear explained topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you want to receive a feedback on your profile you can ask in this topic. But only for your own profile! Including a poll is an easy option to receive it. When people want to add something they can do so when they use the reply button next to the person’s post. So they know the feedback is for them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Jarana your profile is very nice, not too long or short -and most importantly, it is friendly :star:

some profiles just have list of wants and hates, some are picky and appear rude :disappointed:

7 Likes

What a great thread idea! I’d love some feedback on my profile, if possible.

I’m new to Postcrossing so I’m still figuring out my preferences and have been making minor adjustments. Please let me know if I should include more/less information, thanks in advance!

2 Likes

It’s better if you make a poll

1 Like

Oh, I’m not sure how to make a poll. Sorry, still learning about the forum.

Edit: I think I figured it out

• More personal info needed
  • Just enough personal info
  • More ideas on writing prompts needed
  • Just enough ideas on writing prompts
  • Wishes for cards are easy to fulfill
  • Wishes for cards are hard to fulfill
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

Wellcom to postcrossing @anbai9! I like ypur profile (and it’s okay to change it later when you have more experience in postcrossing, or whenever you want to change it)

1 Like

Ok, Let’s try this! Feedback is always good! :slight_smile:

• Writting ideas are helpful
  • I don’t need ideas for writting
  • Personal Info is enough
  • Need more personal Info
  • Bad English (Please tell me how to write it better)
  • It’s too long
  • it’s long enough
  • Other (Please comment)

0 voters

You have a good amount of info in your profile, but I would have a different introduction. It is fine to be honest about life being tough at the moment, but you don’t have to apologize about being absent to someone who has just drawn your address. also, I would put the whole flickr-thing and links to external albums at the bottom of the profile, not the top.
You ask people about their likes and interests, and I would like you to open your profile by sharing yours. just a short traditional “I’m […] and I like […]” would be really nice, so we can get to know you from the first line :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@metlodyt Hi! Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In addition to @metlodyt comments about the introduction, I would recommend you to write in less paragraphs. That means not every new sentences has to start at a new line.
This just a suggestion to make it reader-friendlier, your writing style seems okay for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@metlodyt @Jarana Hi!

I’ve re-wrote an introduction, made several changes in the text and locations and tried to make it more reader-friendly based on your feedbacks!

If possible, please take another look and see if it has improved a bit or not! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s really good @Levitan17. great changes. I would have a much easier time picking out a card and knowing what to write to you now. not only because you directly give suggestions, but also because I have a clearer image of who you are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it’d better now. :+1:t2:
I only have on little point
I would put this sentence

I have no problems in receiving AD cards or Handmade ones, especially if you make FOOD PACKAGES cards!! I simply LOVE them!!

directly under your wishes of cards and then followed by writing prompts.

1 Like

Here goes, other feedback is also welcome.

• not enough information
  • too much information
  • rude
  • friendly
  • carrot cake
  • easy to read
  • confusing
  • I would know what to send
  • I would not know what to send

0 voters

1 Like

@elanlei, I started wondering what is an Erasmus baby?
I only think of sports and studying programme with this word, but it’s more/different thing?
Sorry if this is too personal.

Your profile is short, but still gives information about you.

@S_Tuulia, I would say an Erasmus baby is a baby of a person who has done an Erasmus exchange and a local or of two former Erasmus students. I know several romances that have begun during an Erasmus exchange period.

I’ll go ahead with my profile. :slight_smile:

• Enough personal information
  • Wishes are easy to fulfill
  • The tone of the profile is friendly
  • The profile is too long and messy
  • Wishes are hard to fulfill
  • Too much personal information
  • The profile is easy to read
  • The order of paragrahs is logical
  • The order of paragrahs is illogical
  • More personal information needed
  • Other

0 voters

Yes, this is right. In my case I did the Erasmus exchange, married a local and had a kid. According to estimates there are over a million children like her, direct results of the programme.

I’ve had some lovely messages from others who have done an Erasmus exchange or hosted people doing it. It’s been such a defining thing in my life that I do feel I need to include it in some way.

I think yours reads well but it’s a bit heavy on the emoji for my liking.

I think that’s a great, concise, friendly profile. :slight_smile:

I´d love some feedback too :slight_smile:

• Just enough personal information
  • More personal information needed
  • More ideas on writing prompts needed
  • The profile is easy to read
  • The tone of the profile is friendly
  • Bad English (please tell me how to write it better)
  • Other (please comment below)

0 voters

Thank you so much in advance!

1 Like