February 24, 2024 | Los Angeles, CA | John Wooden Stamp FDOI

Waaa…February is such a busy month! I’ll see my schedule, hopefully I can make it to FDOI (never been to one! must be fun!) but if not please have fun!!!

2 Likes

I’m very interested! I’ve never been to a FDOI! How exciting!

3 Likes

I’ll be there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alrighty- I will commit to attending the meetup! Please mark me down for 40 meetup cards, looking forward to seeing everyone again!

3 Likes

Hi all,

Bummed I can’t make this as UCLA is my alma mater.
If anyone would like to swap from the Seattle Lunar New Year meetup, let me know!

Thank you,
Royal

3 Likes

@ohhsayy Thank you Oce!! As they say, going out with a bang this month!! :star2: Hopefully the USPS will be impressed and say “oh man… we really need to do more FDOI ceremonies in SoCal!” haha.

@kanosis Thanks! Moo.com is the best for doing such a thing! Just a heads up in case you ever need cards run off :wink:

@wenchan91 Aww no worries! Yes please do! I’m still working on a post-event meeting venue but we should have room for you if you decide to join!

@moyir90 Yess the feeling is mutual! Thanks for the heads-up!

@irenemg Awesome, thank you!! Yay, we got a Montclair carry-over! :smiley:

@Angelthepup22 Wonderful sir, thank you! Will circle back to confirm # when we have a final design!

@quirk Aww darn! I am sure one of us (or more than one of us, hehe) would love to swap with you. Thank you for the offer!! Go Bruins!!! :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

Looking forward to seeing you all !!!

Still finishing up the design but we are close! Also going to reach out to UCLA to see if possibly… we are able to meet on-site post event :wink: :bear:

Thank you !!!

4 Likes

I unfortunately got my work schedule and i work the 24th. See everyone in Montclair… Hopefully i can catch the next one

2 Likes

Thanks, Mike @llmike007, for all the legwork on this THRID meetup & for keeping us all in the loop! Marje @Purple_Phoebe & I both have our graduate degrees from UCLA, so how can we not attend?? Just paid for 20 cards via Venmo, which we will be very happy to get on Saturday in Montclair, should they be available then.

Haven’t been on campus for a while, but there used to be a lot of outside seating on the terrace outside Ackerman Union, which is right across from the Wooden Center. The big square metal tables could be easily moved and placed together to accommodate parties of more than 4. Of course, it was first come, first served, but if the group that stays after the ceremony isn’t too large (& the weather is nice), this might be a convenient meeting place for us.

2 Likes

I am planning to attend this awesome UCLA postcrossing meet-up celebrating John Wooden! I have also signed up for the First Day of Issue Celebration as well. I would like to please purchase 30 meetup postcards for this event as well. Thank you for organizing this!

3 Likes

I’m excited to be making the trip to see all your bright and shine Cali faces.

2 Likes

Hello Team LA! :sun_with_face:

It was so nice to see so many familiar and new faces in Montclair last week!
I apologize for the delay in responding here. If you haven’t already seen it, I have updated the original post in this thread with additional details regarding the event.
TL;DR : we got a meeting venue at the student union! Woot woot! :smiley:

I will be taking orders for the cards (if you haven’t already gotten yours @ Montclair) so please feel free to reply with your desired # of cards. We will be selling them in sets of 10, at $5 per set (50 cents per card). Please note that in anticipation of high turnout, we will be limiting the number of cards to be signed to 20 per person. If the turnout is less than expected, we may revise this number the day of the event.

Please kindly add $10 to your meetup-card payment for the room fee (more details in the original post).

You can pay me via Venmo or Zelle (Venmo is the same username as my Postcrossing username). For Zelle details, please PM me.
You can also pay cash the day of the event (for cards and the door fee).

I will be posting a master participant list soon – please hang tight for that! Thanks for being patient with me and as always, if you have any questions please feel free to reply in this thread or PM me.

Thank you!!! :bear: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

I’d like 10 cards please. Will Venmo for the cards and room rental shortly. Thank you for planning everything!

1 Like

Hello Mike! Abran here. I decided to join the meeting at UCLA after all. I’d like to order 20 cards

1 Like

What size will the meetup card be? :blush: Sorry if I missed that earlier

1 Like

@onlyonemrabe82 Hi Abran, wonderful! Will you be paying for the cards/ door fee at the door or Venmo/ Zelle? Just so I know whether to look out for a payment.

@luckycherry Yay, how awesome! Great to have someone from NorCal traveling down south to join us. Sorry for not being more specific. Yes, they are 5x7 just like the other cards.
Looking forward to seeing you in a few hours for the SF meetup! :smiley:

Thank you both!!

1 Like

I’ll pay at the door. Thanks!

1 Like

Confirming I received my meetup cards. Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Hi! I’m excited to attend my first meetup and I love the card design!
How do I order cards? Do we pre-order a certain amount?
Thanks,
Debra

3 Likes

Oh, I just realized you posted an update a couple of days ago. I thought since I clicked “going” I would automatically get updates.
I’d like to buy 2 sets of cards please.
I can VenMo for both the room and the cards ahead of time. Do they go to the same person?
Thanks,
Debra

1 Like

Hi, Actually, I would like 1 set of cards (10 total).
I just sent you $15 via Venmo for the cards and the room.
Thank you.

1 Like