Famous or Obscure Landmarks?

Do you Guys prefer Postcards with Landmarks that already are famous or would you like to learn about Landmarks that you didn´t already know about?

2 Likes

I like both: famous landmarks and learning about not-so-famous or obscure landmarks.

3 Likes

Lots of times landmarks that are not famous are really appealing to people interested in the particular subject. Like historic sites - you can learn a lot about the history of the area through landmarks. Or archeological or geological sites, for example.

I am very interested in petroglyphs, dolmans and henges which people created a long time ago. I used to think there were only a few such places in the world, but through Postcrossing, have found many more sites to enjoy learning about and seeing. :blush: Only a few of these are famous, so I’m only learning about them when people share them.

4 Likes

I like both. Actually, I have learned many unknown facts about famous landmarks because of Postcrossing. Some of them are even from my own country.

4 Likes

Obscure would always excite me more, especially if the sender can tell me some interesting facts about it :smiley:

But there’s nothing wrong with famous landmarks either :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am fine with any landmark as long as it’s not a landmark in the place I live in (I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so if someone from elsewhere sends me a card with the Golden Gate Bridge on it, I would find it deeply weird).

1 Like

I like obscure, only because it will invariably set me off down an uncharted Wikipedia rabbit hole and I find that fun. But I would be delighted if someone made the effort to send me information about any landmark, regardless of how famous it is.

2 Likes