Extremely long travel times

My list now

With one of the two US addresses, a small address error could be to blame for a) non-arriving or b) delays.

I’m afraid that’s why. Today I write the address by hand - with the corrected address and the other address also by hand. Maybe it’s the capitalization of the complete address (in the print version…) I’ll keep you posted…

2 Likes

There is always hope - i registered a card after over 300 days

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Expired Postcards

If it makes you feel any better for the Australian cards in the future, it’s likely not because of printing - I received one recently with a printed address! I think it’s a smart idea, I’m half tempted to do it myself.

1 Like

I received two official postcards today from the Philippines, which I could not register as it was over a year since the address was taken out. In fact, both cards was dated in 2020.

7 Likes

I have 7 postcards travelling, three going to Russia and still haven’t reached. 5 of them have been travelling for 40 days. I am so sad. :frowning:

4 Likes

Today my postcard has reached recipient in USA after 131 days. According to my stats, average travel time when I send to USA is 40 days. So it took 4x more time than usual.

4 Likes

Today I have received postcard CN-3415155. It needed 310 days to reach me!
There is a postal seal that it was missent to Hong Kong. That is reason the postcard took so long.

8 Likes

I received two postcards from the Philippines as well!
Both from 2020, the other one sent in March 2020, the other one maybe in September 2020.
I sent thank you message to both, but they have not been online, maybe they still get email, hopefully.
I’m feeling happy that the mail is maybe been stored somewhere and now sent :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Also I received an official postcard from Philippines sent 3 years ago!
I received the card on monday 31th July 2023. Very beautiful card btw.
I could not register it of course, but luckily I get to know the sender. I sent my thanks to him by a message, which he has got and answered.

When I received the card I was wondering why the postmark was printed in July 2020. I thought the year was wrongly printed :laughing:
I would not have believed such a long travelling times if it had not happened to me.

13 Likes

I meant to send a postcard from Italy in march, while travelling through. Run into some trouble with finding a postoffice/box at an Airport and forgot about it. Frankly, I was quite certain I mailed it with the rest of the ones I wrote and an other one I mailed back then never arrived.

I just found it today and I feel so bad !! Posting it tonight, 227 days later…

4 Likes

Don’t despair if a card hasn’t been registered , a card I sent to Russia has arrived after 270 days !

6 Likes

I have two postcards being registered after 304 and 329 days, so there is always hope.

The best ting to do is to forget about the expired postcards (which will happen to all of us), even though it’s not easy to forget about these cards.

9 Likes

We were really cutting it close here…

A card from Germany to India arrived after 346 days. So I guess, there is always hope indeed :grinning:.

8 Likes

I received this card yesterday from Russia - 344 days of travel time, I wonder where it got stuck.

7 Likes

Why can’t you register the card after 365 days? What makes these invalid?

1 Like

At 365 days, Expired cards are removed from the system, disappearing from the sender and recipient accounts. There is no way to access those from day 366 - gone.

3 Likes

But why?
Is it just to save space on the Postcrossing servers? Why is a 366 day card different from a 365 day card?

1 Like

I am surprised at the length of time even to uk! I think that Germany has the fastest system, i get cards from there to Canada in 5 days!

1 Like

I think this is discussed in several topics, coming up every now and then, here one:

where someones remembered it’s to lighten the servers.
I remember it too being discussed, and that it’s not that much that travel over the year and are registered. (But I think this was a few years ago, situation might have changed.)

And the limit just needs to be somewhere, if a limit is done, so here it’s a year.

5 Likes