Europa 2023 theme changed to show solidarity with Ukraine

The Europa stamp theme for 2023 was changed to “Peace — the highest value of humanity” at the request of Ukraine’s post office, according to an April 29 press release from PostEurop. The trade association representing European public postal operators, PostEurop also selects the theme for the multination Europa stamp series.
According to the press release, Ukrposhta (Ukraine’s post office) proposed the theme “to show solidarity with Ukraine and to promote the universal value for all humanity — peace.”
In addition, PostEurop has previously discussed in meetings held in March and April the possibility of suspending both Russian Post and Belarus’ Belpochta from participating in PostEurop activities. That action will perhaps take place at a virtual meeting of the association’s general assembly on June 1.
So maybe there won’t be any Russia and Belarus EUROPA anymore until the real peace come.

6 Likes

I think that is a wrong decision. I really like Russian and Belarusian stamps but that doesn’t mean that I support the war actions and policies of their governments.

5 Likes

Yea but at least there won’t be EUROPA Russia and Belarus in 2023 because of the topic.