Edmonds, WA | Sunday May 5th 2024 | National Postcard Week

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Edmonds, Washington
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Edmonds Sno-Isle Library, 650 Main St Edmonds, WA 98020
:calendar: DATE: Sunday, May 5th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:30pm-4:30pm Pacific Time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Hello Puget Sound Postcrossers! I’m looking forward to hosting this meetup to celebrate National Postcard Week! NPW takes place during the first full week in May. It’s been celebrated since 1984. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with a Postcrossing meetup! I hope to see you there!

What to expect: Join me at the newly renovated Edmonds Library in Downtown Edmonds, WA. This event is on a Sunday and the library operates on limited hours. We will meet in the main meeting room, located straight through the front doors and all the way to the back. There we will sit and sign a special Postcrossing postcard designed for the meetup.

Optional but encouraged: bring a Postcrossing postcard that you have received that is meaningful in some way to share with the group as show and tell. One of the best messages you’ve received, your favorite image, or coolest stamp you’ve received, etc. Show it off! Let’s discuss anything Postcrossing related!

Please bring your Postcrossing username stamp (signing postcards by hand can be painful!), pens, postage stamps, and other stationary that you plan to use.

Like at previous meetups, there will be a trash/treasure table. you may bring extra unused postcards, stickers, washi tape rolls that you would like to share with others and look through the pile to find new treasures. Everything left over from the event will be donated to the Edmonds Senior Thrift Store.

A special postcard designed for this event will be available for sale. I will print 500 and there will be a maximum of 20 postcards per person. These cards are optional, and you can bring your own postcards to sign.

Parking is located one block behind the building, there are two separate parking lots. There is also street parking.

The closest Edmonds Post Office is located at 130 2ND AVE N EDMONDS, WA 98020. It will be closed, but there is a blue collection box outside of it and a drop box inside the lobby that stays open.

Space will be limited so please only RSVP above if you plan on going. Please keep your RSVP up to date! Thank you!

2 Likes

There will be two in our group, Becky and Greg

1 Like

Ill be there and would love to purchase some event cards!

2 Likes

Yay! I’m excited that you’ll be there! Cards are almost ready to order!

Richard42 will likely be coming with me but I don’t think he knows about this meetup yet. Please save a spot for him if possible somehow. I will tell him about it today, 4-4-24.

1 Like

seachange hit the going button but my name never came up will go and need 25 cards

Richard42. Please hit the going button. It will only let you do it. I cannot do it on your behalf. Plesse only hit it once. If you hit it twice, it voids it.

i will be there with seachange would like 25 cards

1 Like

Update on the meetup postcards:

They have been designed and have been ordered. 500 will be printed and can be reserved on a first come first served basis, with a max of 20 per person. If there are any left over I will release them for sale at the meetup.
Front:

Back:

Cost is .25 each

20 postcards (max per person) = $5.00
15 postcards = $3.75
10 postcards = $2.50

Please comment with how many you would like to purchase. Venmo is accepted before/during the event. My Venmo handle is @sochilrita

Cash will be accepted at the event, please bring exact change! No change given.

Pick up your cards at the event. No postcards will be mailed beforehand.

3 Likes

Thanks for RSVPing Richard! I there will be a max of 20 postcards per person, can I reserve 20 for you?

Did you get a small venmo from me? Trying to make sure I have the right one. Had some venmo mixups in the past with other people. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, confirming that I received your test payment.

It’s meetup season! I’m so excited!
Could you please reserve 30 postcards for me. See y’all soon!

Hi Becky! I can reserve a max of 20 for each person, does that work for you?

1 Like

Hey, I’d love 10 cards. Will bring cash.

1 Like

I’ll be there! I would like 10 cards please!! Thank you!!

1 Like

Thanks Shelby, I’ve got them reserved for you!

Thank you Karen! I will reserve 10 for you!

Great card design!

1 Like

Thanks Maureen! I’ll mail you one after the event and we can test the quality and compare notes :laughing:

1 Like