Does your country have colorful vintage comic postcards?

Hi everyone! :heart::sparkles:

I’m in the U.S.A. and today I bought some of these cool colorful vintage comic postcards and now I’m wondering if anyone has something similar from a different country/region??

These ones appear to be from the linen era 1930-1950 with publication stamps for Asheville Post Card Co. and Colourpicture.

I have seen some other very cool vintage postcards from international places, but I’m wondering if anyone has seen a similar older style of colorful & cartoony illustration postcard elsewhere? I just love them and would love to see some other examples – if you know of any, please post a photo/link/info below. :arrow_double_down: (just for browsing)

Thank you! :heart::sparkles:

1 Like

I found some interesting ones yesterday, all related to the military service conscription. Here are the ones that I got:

The one on the left says: “The fearless” and the one on the right says: “To-be-discharged’s gastronomic dream”.

3 Likes

Saucy seaside postcards were hugely popular in the UK for many years, understandably not so much now!

Some info about one of the main publishers: Bamforth Postcards from The Bamforth Postcard Collection

1 Like

I’ve been looking online for Blondie & Dagwood postcards & also Hank Ketcham’s Dennis The Menace. but haven’t found any yet. I did find this Family Circus postcard Family Circus Camping Artist Bil Keane Comic Postcard Posted 1993 | eBay , These were my three favorite comics when I was growing up.