Does Anyone have a collection of OFFICIAL Postcard Series?

I’m new here, so I don’t know if this is really attainable.

I’m wondering if anyone might be building a collection of popular series like FOTW, HPC, etc. but with Official postcards. Meaning postcards with a Postcrossing ID.

I thought it would be cool to collect these series, but with official postcards, and link to the corresponding postcrossing postcard page.

I’ve seen many collections of “unofficial” cards, but none comprised of official ones.

If anyone is doing this, would you care to share the collection?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, I moved your topic to the “postcard chat” section. Hope it’s okay for you?

1 Like

Someone may be doing this, we’ll see who responds to your post.

It would take a very long time to build even one series collection given the Postcrossing algorithm (how cards are distributed to people) & the fact that many countries only have a small number of members so it would take a long time to get any card from them.

And many, many Postcrossers don’t have these cards so even if you ask for them, you wouldn’t necessarily get them from members as an official card. Remember you can state preferences for cards, but people are free to send you whatever they wish & with whatever cards they have on hand.

To give you an example, I’ve been on Postcrossing for a little more than 2 years and I’ve received cards from 38 countries (which includes 21 countries I received only 1 or 2 cards from). The chances of those cards from those 21 countries being from one particular series is pretty slim.

I have received cards from 11 countries where I’ve received 10 or more cards from each of those countries over 2 years, so I might, just might have 11 cards from one series if I was very, very lucky.

Take a look at my stats which are pretty average I think.

So it would be a very, very slow process, it would take years and that’s why most people do Forum swaps instead for series cards.

2 Likes

I think it’s almost impossible. I rarely receive those cards as official ones, but almost all of them I have received as private swaps. Good luck if you try!

2 Likes

I see.
Thank you very much for your responses. Definitely makes a lot of sense that it would be an almost impossible task.
Thank you @LC-Canada and @ravishing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A lot of postcard series are printed in Europe, considering that € currency is higher than many other currencies in other part of the world, making these series expensive to buy. Not to mention the shipping fee

Hence at least people here I know, save their series cards for personal swap with other series

3 Likes