Do you prefer one every day or a bundle ?

Overseas mail tends to mainly be delivered on one day in my area, so I tend to get several postcards on the same day.

I am guessing it comes in from OS, sorted at the large city sorting centres, then sent to the local distribution centre, then local Post Offices and then delivered. They arrive as a batch.

4 Likes

For me international mail only arrives once or twice a month so I’m happy to see mail arrive in batches.
It overflows my mail box every time and it’s a joy to see! :laughing:

4 Likes

Last week I got a batch, six cards from USA and Finland, I guess the cards came togherther at the sorting center for the international mail. Luckily that was on a Saturday, so I could take the time and register them with with a nice hurray message. I usually write a bit more than “thanks”.

So, just like others, I prefer a card every day.

4 Likes

I prefer a bundle and then one each day.
I normally receive one card each day…but sometimes with the present situation of our country, postal service is not operating regularly. So last few weeks I was waiting for cards and then suddenly postman brought me a huge bundle of cards like more than 25 cards. That was a real surprise. I was so happy. After that I receive one card each day.
So I prefer receiving a bundle once in a while :blush:

11 Likes

I like to receive them spread out (1-2/day), but a bundle can be fun on occasion. More than say 5 cards can take awhile to register though.

3 Likes

For me, happiness to find in the mailbox is not advertising and invoices, but a postcard or letter. So I’m happy with one card and a tutu. I always try to quickly register cards, many of them have been on the road for a long time and the sender is already worried about their fate. Happy postcrossing, beautiful postcards, nice messages to all! Be happy!

5 Likes

Better to receive one each day. A single card is paid more attention than one from a bundle.

6 Likes

I would like to receive postcards every day but unfortunately mail delivery is only 2-3 times a week in Finland. Sometimes I receive over 10 cards at once and it’s not very nice. It feels a bit stressful.

3 Likes

I can relate to that. Even though mail should technically be delivered here almost every day I tend to get my cards in bundles of up to 10 cards. Having that many at once I also feel a little stressed and don’t feel I can pay as much attention to each single card as they deserve.

3 Likes

I like bundle, because if some card is not that good, like lately I received a piece of leaflet, the others make me remember it’s not just that one :slightly_smiling_face: :grin: but also otherwise it’s nice and interesting see, often the cards I get have something in common, like once all 5 I received had a white border, once every card was from a retired person, sometimes every card has matching colour.

When I get the cards, I try to register as soon as possible, so the Hurray might be short, I hope people don’t think I forget the card after writing my Hurray, because I often re-read the cards many times and look them much more closely after registering.

One would be good too, but as we get mail not every day, it’s very rare to get just one card.

2 Likes

I really like one card a day. That way I can focus on the card, appreciate it and say propper thanks to the sender.

As I send many cards each December for the Deutsche Post Charity event I often get lots of postcards every day. So coming home from work and finding 10+ cards in my mailbox can be rather stressfull.

5 Likes

I prefer to get two or three cards every day and that usuallly works. But sometimes I get ten or fifteen cards on one day and that ist really too much.

1 Like

I prefer getting one a day rather then a huge bundle - but I also like the fact I don’t know what I’m going to get. A bundle through the mailbox every now and then is exciting, but generally I like getting one because once I’ve read it, it gets pride of place on my desk for the whole day before getting put up on display with my other cards.

3 Likes

One card per day, once I received 23 mails per day and registration was so hard

4 Likes

I love when I receive one or two postcards per day but unfortunately it is very difficult to make it possible

I think that ideal for me would be the former with an occasional sprinkle of the latter (if I had to choose one, then 1 per day). I miss my most active days of postcrossing.

2 Likes

I once had a card to Taiwan expired for many many days. The user has not been active for month. When it finaly was registered I saw that the user registered over 100 cards that day. I wonder why this was. I just know that this would have been way to much work for me.

4 Likes

I would like to receive postcards every business day, but the mail is only delivered every second day in Norway (2 days one week, 3 days the next week). So I end up getting several cards when the mail is delivered. (The exception is for those who got a P.O.Box - mail is delivered every day).

1 Like

I’m not sure what I prefer. :smiley:
Just as in Finland, post isn’t delivered every day here in Sweden, so you tend to get a few on those days.
I always try to register the day I get them, but this Friday I had a little bundle of seven cards (5 official and two others) and felt a little stressed when I got home. Happy and stressed.
I did register them the day after though, and have written a bunch today (with a fun spread of countries too).
So, I’d probably like to get up to three or so on one day. But a bundle could be fun too, you know…
I’m hopeless. :wink:

1 Like

Wow. Yeah, I could never manage that.