Do you prefer one every day or a bundle ?

This is a lovely option, and one I always forget about. Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s kind of you to think like that! :relaxed: But cards I received these days have traveled for more than 100 days. I am afraid that the senders will lose heart so I tried my best to register those cards sooner. But I did write every Hurray messages carefully.

3 Likes

Since I’m receiving mail only once a week these days I always get a whole bunch every time.
So for this I prefer a little amount day by day, but - not just one single card. As I don’t like to register and scan / upload cards via smartphone (also due to my visual impairment) I have to use the computer. But I don’t want to switch it on just for one single card if I don’t have to do any other computer work on that day.

1 Like

official postcards from 3 sites, private swaps, lotteries won, tags, they all make a day without any postcards a rare thing in the latest months :rofl:
receiving many postcards one day makes me think that the following day i could receive nothing and it makes me sad, so i prefer one every day :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d prefer one every day as it would give me something to look forward to each day, but occasionally a bundle would be fun, too :relaxed:

2 Likes

I feel more comfortable receiving cards 2-3 times a week. It was my actual rhythm for a long time, before the backlog problem of our post. I miss those days.

I don’t like big bundles, I take long time dealing with received cards — taking pictures, updating my doc which I use to record sent/rec, registering (official), or reporting in the thread (rr), or writing messages (tag/swap). I enjoy writing personalized messages but it usually takes longer time as English is not my mother tongue.

There are also times I may be outside for a whole day, arrive home very late and exhausted, can’t wait to get some sleep. If I find cards I’d put them away and deal with them the next day, usually won’t delay for long.

4 Likes

I absolutely prefer one a day.

I received 7 at once today and was a bit upset.
It was just so many at once that I got overwhelmed. I didn’t feel the same joy as I usually do when I receive one or two at a time.
It was just too much.

5 Likes

I would definitely prefer if my address was given out regularly rather than the 4/5 weekly bundles I’ve been experiencing for some months. A week of cards then none for 3 weeks is frustrating

2 Likes

I prefer to send one postcard at a time, to prolong the pleasure. :blush:

1 Like

I prefer to receive one card a day. Like @helleh said above, when I receive a lot of cards it makes me feel overwhelmed. The other day I received a total of 4 cards, my biggest “bulk” so far, and just by looking at the cards I had favorite cards and not-so-favorite cards. If I would have received them one day at a time I think I would have enjoyed each card a lot more.

Also, I like to request not more than 2 addresses when I have a Postcrossing-session. That way I can make sure that each card is still unique and written with love. But maybe that’s just because writing more cards would stress me out and because of my short attention span.

1 Like

I don’t care at all.
One postcard or three, the main point is, that I got postcards.

Since late march / early april this year, I don’t get post on mondays anymore. But all the years before. (Yeah, I know the reason, but it makes none sense because I did post/promotion before in piles)
For that reason I got three postcards at a time the other day. That was cool. ^^ I don’t do Postcrossing very often, so every time I open my mailbox is like “Is there a postcard inside?”

Three or five is okay, but when getting a pack of eight or ten postcards, it takes a bit of time to read them all and reply appropriately in the registration message, so I prefer getting not more than five at one time.

3 Likes

The last half year I have been on an exchange semester in Lithuania, where all my incoming mail was processed by a receptionist. I didn’t want to bother her with many postcards so I set my account to inactive but I did keep sending out postcards from Lithuania. This meant that by the time I went back home to the Netherlands, I had a deficit of around 60 postcards that I was due to get. Last month I put my account back to active and all the cards started to be sent to me all at once. At one day I received 20 postcards on one day. Although it was very thrilling to receive so much at once, and because of the large portion there were some non-standard countries in the bunch as well, it quickly felt like I couldn’t give every sender the attention that I would like to, as it would mean that I’d spend the whole day registering the cards. In the end I did of course try to type an extensive message for everyone, as I also didn’t want to postpone registering cards - I prefer doing this the day that a card arrives like many people. (I also appreciate it when my cards are registered the day they arrive)
It was a nice experience to receive a lot of cards a day for a few weeks (I received cards every day for two weeks straight, after that the flow stabilised) but I prefer a normal pace where I can spend more time on the thank you message for each and every postcard. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

i’ve been postcrossing a long time and i can send a lot of cards
when i know i will be travelling or crazy busy, i will set my account as inactive

a few years ago we had lots of illness and 2 deaths in 2 months in our family. i was inactive for quite some time, but i kept sending cards - when i returned my account to active i got 400 cards in one month - it didn’t quite work out as 20 per day, one day i recall had close to 100 - that month was not so enjoyable

this year i have also been inactive for much of the year - to minimise that big dump of cards i opened my account for 2 days in april and received a lot of cards
at the end of july i went back to active again and yesterday there were 90 official cards to register - the link to my story with pictures is below…

i also like to send personalised messages to senders - but sometimes time is just so short, i had to work with a shortcut

i also prefer just a few cards a day, tho sometimes i get a week’s worth as i’m away and cannot get to the postoffice every day

:wink:

Wow, before I read the previous comments I did not think of the term “bundle” as 40, 50, even 100 postcards at once :laughing: I guess it can get stressful when you’re coming back from weeks or even months of inactive status but kept sending cards regularly. If I’m ever in that situation I will try the tips to just go active for a few minutes or half an hour at a time, to try to spread out the times my address is given out…

Regarding my preference I’m a bit torn if I would rather have one a day, or a few every few days. I notice that I’m a bit disappointed if I open my mailbox and there is no postcard, but on the other hand I really enjoy if I find 3 or 4 cards at once, it feels a bit like christmas every time :blush:

Somehow postcards that are delivered to me seem to get bundled somewhere along the way anyways though. Mail gets delivered every day here from Mo-Fr, but I noticed that I very rarely receive just a single postcard. They usually come in small batches. This seems a bit too weird to just be a coincidence, even if the cards come from different countries with different travel times. I suspect it has something to do with the sorting process of foreign mail in the post center, but I don’t really know :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I prefer receiving one every day. But they tend to arrive in pairs or three at a time.

1 Like

I prefer to receive it regularly after a long day work :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been inactive for a while and almost have a difference of 100 between sent and received, so I know it will come in a bundle when I turn back into active. However, normally I would love to get 2 or 3 cards a day, but honestly, I’ll be happy with just one a day.

1 Like

I prefer one per day, because it wud be a surprise everyday…

I rent a private postal box at the post office and I only pick up my mail every Saturdays, I always end up with a bunch of postcards and some other personal mail

1 Like