Do You Make Zines? - Zine Chat in General

I love the ideas behind all of your zines! The Polish pottery or Japanese trams sound particularly interesting, but I’d take any that you are willing to swap.

I make a few different styles of zines and chapbooks. You can pick anything you want from my etsy store in exchange: ContemporaryTart | Etsy

I also have postcards from Vancouver Island if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@islandtime420

hi again,

i am sending you a private message now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everybody! In the past I’ve only made zines by hand, but I’m interested in making some on the computer. Since I don’t have any experience doing this, I was wondering if anybody would give me tips or advice. For example, what computer program did you use?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hello @cadpho
I recently made 2 using word. I wanted to use my own photos and add lots of text so this was propably the easiest way.
Here is a description: How To Make A Mini-Zine Electronically | FREE Template! – Sprinkled With Words (wordpress.com)

4 Likes

Thank you @taebbig !! I’ll check out that source. Just out of curiosity, what were your zines about?

@clubpostcards
Today your Letter arrived and I’m the happiest postcrosser of the world!!!
Thx a Million!!!

1 Like

Thinking about it, I made even 3 :smiley:
The first was about a vacation in Austria, the 2nd about my handmade Christmas tree ornaments and the last one was about my cat. I made it after I had to put her down to get along with her dead. It’s 3 zines, glued together :sweat_smile:
If anyone wants to swap one, you may always write me a message :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ipuenktchen

i am glad to hear it arrived to your holiday destination safely!

@taebbig

i would like to swap with you! you can choose which ones you would especially like from my list above. message sent.

1 Like

I agree with clubpostcards, I would be interested in swapping for your zine about your trip to Austria! I make mostly poetry and collage zines, would this interest you?

2 Likes

Hello!

I’m very new to postcrossing but excited to find folks who make zines! I’ve been collecting them and would love to get copies of any that folks are willing to trade.

For trading I have 2 zines that I made–one was part of a class and is an “RPG” zine, and the other is a short one I made while I was in quarantine waiting for a COVID test result. I also make collaged postcards from vintage magazines so I’d be happy to send you a few of those in exchange for a zine as well.

3 Likes

My new illustrated mini zine “Roads” hot! off the copy machine and ready to trade for other mini zines. @clubpostcards yours is in the mail :grinning:

5 Likes

@loneant I love that Vaux’s swift! A favorite bird of mine.

I love zines and zines made by postcrossers.
I got interested in zines when I was a young punk. Now I’m old (in punk years) and I still make zines.
Here is a mini-zine I made about the mustelidae (weasel) family of mammals. It’s mostly accurate. I published it before I found out that skunks are no longer considered mustelids, and are in fact more closely related to raccoons and red pandas!

Although it’s nice to swap, I put this out for people to print for free. Here is the link to the png:

28 Likes

Oh wow! Very cool mini zine! I love your illustrations @porcupet

Hello!

@loneant
Sorry for the delay of responding. I was in the hospital for a while and could not interact with people online but now i am back.

I got your Road mini zine and enjoy it. Thank you! :slight_smile:

@porcupet
Your mini zine of the wild animals look very cool! If you are interested in a mini zine swap with me, let me know. :slight_smile:

@ClaudiaMK
If you would like to swap with me, let me know :slight_smile: i can only send you a mini zine, though.

Have a good day and evening, everyone!

@clubpostcards I hope you’re doing better now!

Additionally, I’ve made several zines in the last few months! I now have to offer a blackout poetry zine about my time in quarantine over the pandemic and a somewhat “artsy” zine following a little storyline I made about “letting loose.”

If you’re interested in swapping either, please let me know!

1 Like

Hello!

I would like to offer my mini zine of my handmade carved stamps (photocopied edition) for free of charge for some people. This means I ask you nothing in return.

This offer is for people who really, really, really want it.

Please check the postal monitor for Japan beforehand.

If you want one, for yourself or your loved one, please post under this thread instead of messaging me directly, so I can get back to you easily.

Oh, and please allow me time as I plan to send it in September 2022 and afterwards.

7 Likes

I’m interested in zines, and pick them up when I see them - an indie bookshop I sometimes go to has them but I think they only sell in person

I’ve only make one zine so far, which is a Gender Vent - expressing my feelings about and journey towards my current genderqueer state

I’ve uploaded it here, and can photocopy it to send if anyone wants to swap - https://imgur.io/a/sWYuXQF

2 Likes

@elmani

Hello! If you would like to swap a mini zine with me, please send me a message with your address :slight_smile:

Sending you a message if you have more available! Would love to see your photos of Japan!

1 Like

would love to swap zines if you are interested! California points of interest/architecture for Chicago.