Do you have problems with receiving and sending mail on this moment?

Hello,

Do your postal service have problems with the mail on this moment.
Is your sending mail and receiving mail slower this month then other times?
I have send 10 Halloween thema cards on 31 october, not one card is registerd yet, It’s so pity :frowning:
I have send 2 cards to Germany, 1 card Slovenia, 1 card England, 2 cards America, 4 cards Russia from The Netherlands.

Sweet greetings from the Netherlands
Linda

3 Likes

I’m in Indonesia, and I’ve been having slow to almost nothing recieving moment since September. However the issue is in our postal system

For sending out cards, the pace is normal

3 Likes

I have sent ~15 postcards to my friend from Netherlands since about the beginning of October.
And alas, they have either been lost or have been on the way for more than a month.
Its weird because this has never happened before

1 Like

Travel times from Germany to Netherlands are quite normal for me, no problems here. And I also received cards from Netherlands with the ususal travel time (~ 5 days)

1 Like

Yes, it seems like my sending mail is much slower now. I’m not sure why. I’m in the United States.

4 Likes

My post office has been short staffed and has been losing my mail for the last month. I am not going to send things out for a little while because of this. Very sad.

2 Likes

I haven’t encountered slow mail as much as lost mail. I’ve had to refund customers because of this. Just my viewpoint, complaining does very little. The USPS’ service is lackluster. And yet the clown who runs the operation still has a job.

3 Likes

Same here, outgoing from the Netherlands. I have all my 8 cards traveling (plus 2 expired ones) and mailed the last few 10 days ago. Even the ones to Ireland and the UK haven’t arrived yet. Now I’m thinking it may be a problem within our own postal service. Maybe it has something to do with black Friday week? By the way, I sent a postcard to a friend within the Netherlands on the 24th of October and it didn’t arrive until the 9th of November! But then again I received one myself within 3 days.

2 Likes

Yes i don’t get why the German cards are not arrived yet. It’s almost a month!

2 Likes

It’s more random than that as I have had cards to NL arrive roughly on time.

1 Like

I’m wanting to say that it has to do with the holiday season in the US? Because for me it’s a mixed bag; I have one that got to Italy in seven days vs one to the UK that took 26 days when I usually get them sent within 14 to 15.

1 Like

Maybe it is a problem with post.nl, for mail arrives here as usual.

1 Like

My cards to Germany from athe Netherlands (Rotterdam sorting center) seem to be on the regular schedule. It’s indeed really weird that none of them have arrived!

2 Likes

I personally haven’t noticed any difference. Everything works normally.

I have a different experience with Germany lately, two of my envelopes arrived in 2 days! Same to UK with a postcard, it took only 2 days. On the other hand to USA does take longer than usual.

1 Like

I have no problems with Germany, last week I send 3 cards on the same day and they all arrived two days later, only cards to Russia seem to be really slow right now, no matter where I send them from (travel mode from Germany and Belgium), they seem to travel for very long times.

Recently the UK postal system has been trying to deal with labor/worker strikes (one in October and another one on now) because staff haven’t had adequate pay raises for a number of years.

There are currently staff shortages and some delays to services, including still working through a backlog of post from October, which may be affecting postcard deliveries in the UK.

I haven’t received any official german postcard the last two months. Usually I receive 4-5 per month. I have three postcards travelling to U.S.A already more than 35 days. Few days ago an official postcard that I have sent to Netherlands need 50 days to reach its destination almost twice the time that needed in the past.

I have some problems sending to US. USPS has already lost two of my postcards and I even send them in registered mail. I don’t think that is quite reasonable.

The Royal Mail :uk: strikes have been stepped up and the backlog is huge. Expect post to be severely delayed in both directions, delivery and collection. It’s a lottery as to when items are processed. Still, I personally support the strikes which are as much about saving Royal Mail, as about pay and conditions.

2 Likes