Do you frame your postcard?

I just bought 2 cute frame to display 2 lovely card that i treasured most, but i’m having dilema if its the picture side or the writing side that i want yo show but I’ll figure it out LOL

Do you ever frame your postcard? What you do with the postcard you treasure most?

2 Likes

There are picture frames made of glass, where both sides are visible :blush:

4 Likes

Ah! I need to find them

For example like this.

But of course there are many more.

1 Like

I only framed two of my cards, and I showed the picture side as that was the reason I wanted to frame them at all. :smiley:
It’s one card from the Arctic (sent from me to myself from Svalbard) and one of the Antarctic, sent from a Dutch Postcrosser who had visited the Antarctic before. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I put the very first official postcard I ever received in a frame :blush:

1 Like

I have some cards displayed in a standing 10x15 cm Ikea frame (doublesided and just 1 euro). They used to have larger square doublesided frames, don’t know if they are still available.

1 Like

Oh that’s amazing you received one from Antarctic!

Sent from the Netherlands, but yes, I love it so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Many years ago, when I first joined Postcrossing, I received this wonderful handmade card from Japan. I loved the drawing so much that I framed it and it has been on display in my living room ever since.

12 Likes

That is so lovely!!!

Thank you for sharing :smile:

1 Like

No, I don’t.

Too little space for too many wonderful cards.
I couldn’t decide which card deserves a place on the wall and which not.

I have framed several postcards. One was Hamilton the Musical and Stitch crossed over, so I made a collage of my Hamilton memorabilia. The other is a collection of Year of the Ox cards I have to my husband as a one year anniversary/wedding gift.

5 Likes

I bought this one at IKEA maaaany years ago ( the two kids are now 16 and almost 18 !! ) but probably you can still find it, it’s an evergreen item! And it has 5 or 6 pages so you can display up to 10/12 cards, it depends whether you want to see both sides of them or just one.

:smiley:

3 Likes

Beautiful! i love that frame and the composition.

2 Likes

I need to go to my local IKEA asap for this

1 Like

Thank you!