Do you ever send or received two postcards to/from the same member?

If I pull someone who has a a large wishlist and I happen to have more than one that will match perfectly I enjoy sending multiple. Either with or without envelope. It makes me day when they are so surprised and the gratitude they show me is always so worth it. To me sending cards makes me more happy then receiving. :blush::blush::blush:

7 Likes

Yes, I do! I have been so lucky as a newbee to receive an envelope with no less than three gorgeous postcards from a nice Postcrosser from Russia🤗, I wanted to send her something in return, so I sent her three postcards with typical Norwegian motives. And I also received a great flower Maxicard (she was also kind enough to explain the meaning of Maxicard too me😃) from another nice lady from Australia. I also sent her three cards as a thank you.

And I am new here, too enthusiastic for my own good, my desk is overflowing with all the postcards I have bought , AND I only have the seven card traveling window😬. No wonder I send some extra postcards these days😂!

4 Likes

I just sent my first “second card”. I had only one vacant slot on October 1st, and I drew someone with a wishlist that was surprisingly sympatico. I chose a nice UNESCO WHS card per her wishlist, and sent it off. Then I noticed that she had also said she LOVES wolves, and as it happens, I have several attractive cards of wolves! So I decided to send one as a surprise treat.

I’ll admit to an ulterior motive: I would really like to get the World Postcard Day badge, and as hers is the only card I drew on Oct. 1st, it depends on her registering it. She’s in a country where it takes a long time for the post to get there (if it does); so by sending a second card, I’m increasing the chances that she’ll get at least one and will register it.

3 Likes

I have received 2 postcards with the same registration no… of course, they are from the same country. How do I register my 2nd card? Pls, help. @admins @meiadeleite

Thanks and Regards
Sagar

You cannot register it again. The sender was either kind to send you 2 cards or forgot they already mailed one or one was already expired and they thought it had been lost and sent another one. Just drop a message to the sender via their profile and let them know it was well received :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe you ask the sender of the first postcard if (s)he has send you a second postcard. some people are doing this.
Of course there could also be the possiblity one of the IDs is just wrong.

Hi Sagar,
I’ve been the sender of a second postcard a few times, and have appreciated a message via my profile from the recipient to tell me the second card had arrived. That might be your best option here too, like @Cassiopheia already said :).

Regards, Marnie.

1 Like

Both happened. I received cards of the same kind from the very sender whereas I sent different types of cards to the reoccuring users.

Thanks, everyone… I got in touch with the user and she did send me another card.

best regards
Sagar

It’s not quite to/from the same member, but a few months ago I sent two cards to the same address in Germany one after the other - a husband and wife who are both on Postcrossing. And then yesterday and today I got two cards from a Ukrainian couple who both drew me in the lottery on the same day!

1 Like

Is he still active or deleted? I would like to know this kind Person.

Well, same happened to me yesterday: I sent two cards to the same ID because I forgot that I already had done this.
This was the moment I registered that I am definitly becoming old and senile.

3 Likes

I frequently encounter very generous postcrossers who send me multiple cards. On my profile I list that both of my kids have started collecting cards too, and they each have a wishlist. I specifically state that they only need to pick one of us to send a card, but often enough somebody chooses to send 2 or even 3 cards to us. Postcrossers are so generous!

I sometimes like to send multiple cards too. Usually I do it if I have more than one card I think the person would love and I cannot pick just one to send. I also sometimes do it if I get somebody very new to postcrossing (1-2 sent cards, 0 received cards, etc). Then I’ll often add some extra blank cards (with generic images, like flowers or Disney) and include a message that they can keep those cards or use to them to send to other people. They always seem to appreciate it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve gotten 7 postcards from the same person on different days with same ID number even though I had registered the first one already….but as I’ve read from people on a different forum page they all know about him on here and have let me know that he is notorious and known to be sending more than 1 postcard to the same person…getting 2 to 3 is ok but 7 cards!!!, now that’s a little too much…if you’d ask me id say that be like wasting 7 postcards on only 1 person…4 or 6 people would’ve enjoyed the extra postcards I received

Recently I got a profile like this, too, shared by daughter (the main account holder, and her mom). In the profile, she states that she likes X and her mom likes y, so if you have y- to please send over to mom. I had both in this situation, so I sent them each a postcard :blush: I made it known on the first sentence that I was sending two - to avoid confusion. I also “continued” my message onto the second card.

In the hurray message, I got a pretty positive response so that made my day.

1 Like

I once received 3 cards in an envelope, one written and the other 2 blank. She thought I would like them and wanted to surprise me. Very sweet! I’ve never sent more than one, but might during the holidays.

I had a lovely person write me a letter, because they read I like letters, and sent two blank postcards. I think she couldn’t decide and I have for energy. I uwu to do a great job, but if I felt like the profile a crazy amount, I do an extra amount. Your mom can take this as a dominant,

I received two postcards at one day from the same person. He got my adress twice in one day . They had both a differend id number. I thought it was very special.

1 Like